Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a Delta Flight leaving this year and landing Next?

Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat

I come close to landing next year on DL 497 on the 31st. If it's delayed by an hour I might just land in 2018.

Anyone else on a NYE flight?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

According to Expert Flyer, it would only hafto be delayed by 6 minutes to land in 2018.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Not this year... but left LAX late on 31st and landed in CVG early on the 1st. Showed up at Embassy Suites at 7:30am and they had room ready. Lobby was trashed... but I was fine.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Pretty much anyone traveling International to Europe, Asia or South America will do that. And thats only from the USA
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels

According to Expert Flyer, it would only hafto be delayed by 6 minutes to land in 2018.
She's almost always 15 - 45 minutes early. So an hour would guarantee it.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
She's almost always 15 - 45 minutes early. So an hour would guarantee it.
Not tonite!!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
The best (if you have to fly at that time) is to fly from the east coast to the west coast and you get to celebrate New Years 3 times!
altabello likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Not this year (flying December 30 and landing December 31), but I have done it before. Have fun!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
The best (if you have to fly at that time) is to fly from the east coast to the west coast and you get to celebrate New Years 3 times!
I'm on the LAX-DTW red eye on new years eve. And depending on how quickly we reach Mountain time zone, I might get to celebrate zero times (depart LAX 11:15 pm)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
I'm on the LAX-DTW red eye on new years eve. And depending on how quickly we reach Mountain time zone, I might get to celebrate zero times (depart LAX 11:15 pm)
LOL! Years ago I was on a flight with a group of partyers as mentioned above and every time we hit New Years in a different time zone, the group went crazy and woke everyone on the plane up with their antics.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Never done it and doubt I ever will but curious what happens on the plane.
Any celebration in flight?

Ill be ringing in the New Year with Billy Joel at the BB&T Center in FLL.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:57 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
A number of years ago I flew LHR-KWI departing 12/31 arriving 1/1. There were only a hand full of people on the plane, but since this was in the middle of the Iraq war, the purser said the belly was full of "toys for our boys in the Gulf".

I don't recall any mention of the new year except one of the FAs wore the 2008 glasses as we deplaned.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Not tonite!!
I guarantee you it was full of wheelchairs! Hence the delay
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I guarantee you it was full of wheelchairs! Hence the delay
Is it like the <MIRACLE> South Florida flights where there are tons of wheel chairs pax on departure, but not on arrival???

Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Is it like the <MIRACLE> South Florida flights where there are tons of wheel chairs pax on departure, but not on arrival???

No sadly no miracle on this flight. Lots of elderly take this flight, you should see the line of 20 to 30 wheelchairs this flight sometimes has. @SDQBound can attest to this

But normally the 7pm flight is wheelchair light.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.