Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel placard delay?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Fuel placard delay?

Hi all, currently waiting on board DL1503...we can’t leave because the fuel placard (sticker?) is missing. What does this mean and does anyone know how long this can take to resolve? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:00 pm

My memory of MEL's and the FAR is fuzzy, but I'll try.

When an aircraft is certified to fly, there are certain pieces of equipment that are required. By certification, that means the FAA gives you the green light to operate the aircraft. Part of that minimum equipment list (MEL as created by the aircraft manufacturer, not the airline that operates the aircraft) could be the Aircraft Flight Manual (AFM), air speed indicators, or landing gear (don't laugh, you can have skis, or pontoons or actual landing gear, there are even skids if you're in a helicopter) to ensure that in order to operate the aircraft SAFELY, that equipment will be there later on.

A fuel placard could be a requirement as part of the MEL to denote the type of fuel (Jet-A or AV Gas) and without the appropriate "sticker" it would be a violation of the FAR (Federal Aviation Rules). So no sticker, the plane isn't certified, and isn't allowed to operate.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Thank you for the information.
We definitely didn't go anywhere on that plane...but made it home eventually!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.