Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Recent trip shows OPEN status Delta refusing to give me mileage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:44 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

I was scehduled to fly from PDX-MSP-DTW on Dec 14, but I made it to
the airport in time to get on the direct flight from PDX to DTW on flight
#1154 . I am talking minutes to spare and the GA was very nice and made the change.
In the rush to get on of course my boarding pass was not kept. Any experience with
this? I do have an app screenshot that shows flight info, my seat on the direct dlight
plus my checked bag.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
You should be able to give them the ticket number in leiu of a boarding pass. When I had missing mileage, @Delta on Twitter was pretty helpful in walking me through the steps.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by av8rsamr
You should be able to give them the ticket number in leiu of a boarding pass. When I had missing mileage, @Delta on Twitter was pretty helpful in walking me through the steps.
Yes ticket # was provided to them via the missing mileage form on the website...her is the response from Delta.

"Our records indicate ticket # 006---------- reflects an OPEN status. To clarify, the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules states
that an individual is not entitled to mileage credit unless the flights are actually flown by the SkyMiles member."
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SSF556
Yes ticket # was provided to them via the missing mileage form on the website...her is the response from Delta.

"Our records indicate ticket # 006---------- reflects an OPEN status. To clarify, the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules states
that an individual is not entitled to mileage credit unless the flights are actually flown by the SkyMiles member."
provide them the flight you were actually on, they should be able to check whether or not there is a record of you being boarded.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah physically having the boarding pass won't do anything to help here... they need to check the records that show you boarded.
Apparently something in the system thinks you didn't fly.
Do you now have an ecert for the remaining value from that flight in your DL wallet?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah physically having the boarding pass won't do anything to help here... they need to check the records that show you boarded.
Apparently something in the system thinks you didn't fly.
Do you now have an ecert for the remaining value from that flight in your DL wallet?
No ecert
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by SSF556
No ecert
It certainly sounds like you were not "boarded" by the gate agent. What's the segment value in terms of ticketing cost? You could reuse the credit assuming it's either more than the change fee or if you can get the change fee waived by asking nicely..

In any event, it isn't going to show up as an ecert. You just need to use the ticket number for the exchange.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
It certainly sounds like you were not "boarded" by the gate agent. What's the segment value in terms of ticketing cost? You could reuse the credit assuming it's either more than the change fee or if you can get the change fee waived by asking nicely..

In any event, it isn't going to show up as an ecert. You just need to use the ticket number for the exchange.
Reusing money for a flight he already took (he probably already gave them evidence of this in some way, even if a competent agent hasn't looked at it yet) is bad advice. And unethical. And could read to serious repurcussions from DL should they find out.

If he has a checked bag receipt and a screenshot with a seat number, someone at the SkyMiles or Reservations should be able to sort it. It does sound like the GA did not properly board you though. A risk with such last minute changes I guess.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does OP have a RT ticket? If so, was this outbound or inbound?

IMO OP should think about what evidence of arrival into DTW might be available, such as a dated receipt from one of the airport merchants (good as only DL flights use the terminal), taxi/hotel/restaurant receipts, etc. It also sounds to me like the GA didn't properly record the OP as being on the nonstop flight, which would then look like the OP no-showed for the connecting itinerary.

BTW, since the change was voluntary, don't expect to get MQMs for the connecting route or ask for ORC.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

The only evidence I have is the screenshot I took from the Delta app once I got to my seat. I forwarded to Delta today and Twitter help desk got a copy as well. Unfortunately other than picking up my bag I did not purchase anything in the airport and my wife was waiting to pick me up, so no parking receipt.

Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Update. delta is still refusing to credit me for this flight. My original connection flight got exchanged for another flight I made without me knowing. They are now refusing credit for the direct flight based on the exchange.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Sounds like you didn't get marked as boarded.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:28 am

I had this issue and there really was no winning. My boarding pass was not scanned. It was a pretty expensive one way refundable ticket so I turned the issue over to my corporate travel resolutions team. Delta actually opted to refund the ticket rather than give me the miles even though they were told I did fly I was then given bonus miles as a gesture of goodwill but no mqm miles. I was annoyed because I really needed the miles to hit DM.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I've had them try to pull this on me before too. Just keep pushing back. Call, escalate to a supervisor, just be consistent and tell them you did take the flight. Don't get angry or yell, just tell them their information is wrong. They have the proof somewhere. I've always been able to resolve it but it can be frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.