No More Newspapers in SC

Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Keep climbing?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Are they killing the complimentary papers on the shuttle routes too?
I often snag a free WSJ and/or NYT or FT out of that pile at DCA, even if I'm not on the shuttle
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:05 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Coin operated showers @:-)
And hot air dryers instead of towels
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Haven't read an actual newspaper in years so not a big deal to me.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Would be unfortunate if true. If fewer people read real newspapers and it's just a matter of $$ they could cut back the supply rather than eliminate them entirely.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Still listed as a SC amenity on delta.com:

"Flip through The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today or Financial Times, and various popular magazines or tune into the day's news or the big game with satellite TV at the Club."
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:18 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Coin operated showers @:-)
Years and YEARS ago, I remember being in a <dive> hotel in Germany <Koln, maybe?>, and, the shower was in the hall, I believe, and when I went to take a shower, I found a coin slot and had to deposit DeutscheMark!!!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:26 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Stripe
Would be unfortunate if true. If fewer people read real newspapers and it's just a matter of $$ they could cut back the supply rather than eliminate them entirely.
The marginal cost is basically zero, so just cutting the number back isn't really changing anything.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:21 am

I'll believe it when I see it...or rather I don't see the papers.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
This would be sad.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Are they killing the complimentary papers on the shuttle routes too?
Newspapers are going away company-wide according to my DL reps
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Newspapers are going away company-wide according to my DL reps
that seriously stinks.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:07 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I read through lots of newspapers on the airplane, that I often get at SC. I stop sometimes just to grab them. This last flight from SLC-IAH, I read 5 whole newspapers (USA Today, WSJ, FT, LA Times, SL paper). I'd be bummed if this is true.

FYI, for any survey that I get from Delta, I write in comments regardless of what the topic is.
(e.g. Baileys when it was a "premium" booze without any other option for putting into coffee)
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
No newspapers in SEA SC today

currently sitting in the SkyClub here at Seatac and there are indeed no papers to be found anywhere.

I wonder if DL has gotten any feedback about this yet. Whats the consensus on the best way to get their attention? Email / call / tweet....?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Even though I only read online newspapers (pay for 2 different ones) I think this is a serious miscalculation.

It's also been noted on FT that the magazine selection has in recent times become pretty awful (would you like a magazine about golf, or one about golf, or one with random pictures of large homes in Montana? Or how about one about golf?)

I do think that print newspapers are going to eventually become obsolete (though I don't think we are there yet). But I do think that print magazines with content that's not as time sensitive still has a market, and I really hope they would at least focus on this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.