No More Newspapers in SC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:54 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerslc
This would apply to water too?
Sure, I guess, take it away and see how many people complain. My guess is it's going to be a lot more than the people who complain about the newspapers.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
There are probably a lot of paid D1 flights.
According to a quick search on Google Flights, Delta has 8 daily flights between SFO-JFK (and vice versa) on aircraft equipped with Delta business-class, aka Delta One.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
According to a quick search on Google Flights, Delta has 8 daily flights between SFO-JFK (and vice versa) on aircraft equipped with Delta business-class, aka Delta One.
Yes, and also BOS.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Yes, and also BOS.
So, that's a lot of premium customers. More Delta One-paying passengers than Detroit.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:09 am

So, that's a lot of premium customers. More Delta One-paying passengers than Detroit.

Not to mention what appears to be many paid domestic F customers to ATL, MSP and other locations. When I fly through ATL, F is almost always full before the DM upgrade window.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:29 am
Suspended

Not to mention what appears to be many paid domestic F customers to ATL, MSP and other locations. When I fly through ATL, F is almost always full before the DM upgrade window.
In the past, absent a certificate redemption, if I've wanted an upgrade to Los Angeles I have flown through San Diego and if I've wanted an upgrade to San Francisco I've flown through Seattle. My friend flies Minneapolis-Los Angeles every Monday and Friday. As a diamond, he gets an upgrade about 40% percent of the time. I've tried getting him to try one of the alternative Los Angeles area airports.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:29 pm

In the past, absent a certificate redemption, if I've wanted an upgrade to Los Angeles I have flown through San Diego and if I've wanted an upgrade to San Francisco I've flown through Seattle. My friend flies Minneapolis-Los Angeles every Monday and Friday. As a diamond, he gets an upgrade about 40% percent of the time. I've tried getting him to try one of the alternative Los Angeles area airports.
Any knowledge of upgrade potential for platinum on JFK/LGA to MSP? Will be flying that route a few times this year.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by RBirns
Any knowledge of upgrade potential for platinum on JFK/LGA to MSP? Will be flying that route a few times this year.

If you are flying during peak business travel times (Monday/Thursday/Friday, sometimes Sunday night) it can be very hard. Other times should be OK as a plat.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by fsuj25
I have access through the Atlanta Public Library, but the hoops I have to jump through make it not very useable. And no wifi = no paper
Yes, but you can download papers for offline reading. I believe Marriott uses it for their european hotels.
I'd think a digital app with the proper papers for DL ala Air France would be fine.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wxman22
I don't think DL ever took a survey, they just use that excuse to make it sound like they listen to their customers.
Remember this is the same Sky Club that has had margarine instead of butter for years.
I highly doubt DL took a survey. Maybe an internal survey at best. Worse than fleecing benefits is doing so blaming the customer while you’re at it.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That it is my home airport. If that isn't a good enough parameter, I don't really have an answer for you
I took a Chron and a WSJ on Friday. I ate off of a real plate.

Although I may just be blowing air out of one orifice or another, I would expect that, as a percentage of travelers, DL @sfo probably fills its premium cabins with fewer complimentary upgrades than any other market in the USA.
As the lead FA on an SFO-bound flight once told me, "No one is in FC unless they paid for it."

A bit of exaggeration? Perhaps. But I have been guided by that advice when planning SFO trips.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL
Anyone have any new information on getting the newspapers back? I did email several weeks ago and received the obligatory 'we are listening' response.
And I squawked via the online customer care complaint route. Was quoted the 'we took a survey' blah, blah, blah.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:26 am
Suspended

I asked in Detroit. The agent said they've had lots of complaints, but no indication that the policy is changing.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by hiho silver
Anyone have any new information on getting the newspapers back? I did email several weeks ago and received the obligatory 'we are listening' response.
And I squawked via the online customer care complaint route. Was quoted the 'we took a survey' blah, blah, blah.
Kinda funny how 100% of those surveys miss me.

Maybe we need to do a survey on surveys...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:08 am

If DL did do a survey, I doubt they asked a question like "Do you mind if we remove print material from Sky Clubs?" Most would probably answer "YES." Rather, they probably asked participants to somehow rank or score many amenities in some kind of order and print material fell lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.