Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Saturday Schedule Shenanigans in Full Swing. Two different seat maps for same flight

Saturday Schedule Shenanigans in Full Swing. Two different seat maps for same flight

Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

LAS-BNA #699 apparently is bouncing around in the Saturday SkyShuffle. Currently booked on it and when I pull up the seat map for the reservation, I see very different seats available than if I pull it up as a new booking. I can buy an upgrade to 1st for $310, or buy a brand new ticket for $330. Crazy stuff for sure. Upgrade option/map shows 15 seats available in first. If I purchase new, only 10 seats available for selection.

I can not imagine the discussion if somebody called in to ask what was going on.

EDIT to add Date : Jan 8th

Last edited by NoStressHere; Dec 23, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Saturday evening and the flight has settled down. Booking new and existing reservation seat maps look the the same.

Still the 1st class upgrade issue -can upgrade form cheap main cabin (V) for $310, or buy a new seat for $330. Flight only shows 3 preferred seats taken at this point. Guessing we have a good chance at upgrade.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: DL PM, UA AG, WN A, MR Life PL, HH DI, Avis P+, 7*
That happened to me the other night flying LAX-LAS. Looked like it was going to be a RJ when I checked in, until I got on the plane, and saw it was a 738. Weird, but another pax told me she saw the same thing as I did.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Nibaruian
That happened to me the other night flying LAX-LAS. Looked like it was going to be a RJ when I checked in, until I got on the plane, and saw it was a 738. Weird, but another pax told me she saw the same thing as I did.
Can't be a RJ if it has a DL mainline flight number, so not sure why it would even show it.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: DL PM, UA AG, WN A, MR Life PL, HH DI, Avis P+, 7*
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Can't be a RJ if it has a DL mainline flight number, so not sure why it would even show it.
Your guess is as good as mine, but I checked into 4A which was the only seat on the left side of the plane in F. I didn't pay attention to the flight number. Most DL flights LAX/SNA-LAS are RJs; they only operate a small fraction of those two routes (Sky West is the contractor).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.