Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL to EZE any ideas? [Bereavement]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

DL to EZE any ideas? [Bereavement]

My 92 y/o mother is very ill in Buenos Aires. With an unemployed husband, the cost of a RT there for "bereavement" is almost $4,000.
I don't have any close friends in Delta and have no idea how to get a ticket to go home. I may have to be there for her passing and burial and I am
her only child. So I am desperate. I would have to leave husband and 2 children behind but I do not know where to turn.
Any ideas or suggestion would be more than welcome. Thank you.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @AAMatl1.

Sorry about your difficult time. We've updated the title to reflect more what is permitted here on Flyertalk.

Please follow the redirect as we move this to the DL forum. Note, this did start in the Flame Free Information Desk.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
AAMatl1 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Did you try calling Delta and asking for a bereavement fare?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
You seem to be keen on a DL fare. We can better help if you tell us where you are based.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Located in Atlanta. I have no preference in airlines but noted that American does not have bereavement rates. Delta's are exorbitant for us right now. I really need an angel to help me....
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
flights.google.com shows better rates than that

you might also find some good rates out of Miami

And, as you have probably discovered, there really are not any deals due to an ill family member or one that has passed.

Best of luck to you.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
If you have Delta Miles or American Express points to transfer to SkyMiles, I see a mileage flight down there for 30,000 miles & $5.60 on 12/25 via JFK. Not sure about return availability but it might be cheaper to book an award ticket down and then worry about booking a ticket back if you aren't sure when you will be flying back to ATL

Another option is if you book a ticket up to Miami and then a separate ticket from Miami to EZE it should bring the price down to $1300 or so total.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:33 am

I am sorry to hear this for you. But looking on google flights (flights.google.com) it looks like there can be flights had as soon as tomorrow on Frontier for around $29 one way to MIAMI, then a flight soon 24th and coming back on the 6 of Jan for $1378 on Aerolineas. Just a thought. Then deal with a return flight from MIA when you return or adjust. Just a possibility? Hopefully you can find a way to work this out.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
I second the MIA option. Seeing plenty of $1000fares on COPA. And it's a quick $130 ride to MIA from ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.