AFFECTED CITIES (TO / FROM / THROUGH)
Atlanta, GA (ATL)

IMPACTED TRAVEL DATE(S)
December 17-19, 2017

TICKET MUST BE REISSUED ON OR BEFORE
December 22, 2017

REBOOKED TRAVEL MUST BEGIN NO LATER THAN
December 22, 2017

An Atlanta newspaper article that describes the aiport's lack of preparation and poor communications during the outage: MyAJC - Zero communication, Airport had no plan for total power outage (Posted: 8:28 p.m. Monday, December 18, 2017)
Print Wikipost

Power outage in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by minnyfly
They are separate crews, but depending on the carrier they could be ATL based and also be disrupted.
I think its fair to say anyone flying Endevour is gonna have a bad time
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:29 pm

I'm on JFK-BNA and I'm held up because one of the pilots is coming from ATL.

I'm pretty sure I saw a post somewhere that someone in DL corporate said, this week, that weather will be the only thing to cause serious disruption to their system.

Whoever you are. Thanks for jinxing things.

YOU did this.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Is there a credit card whose travel reimbursement includes paying the fare on another airline when original flight canceled or significantly delayed?
None that I'm aware of.
Originally Posted by fusionblue
I'm on JFK-BNA and I'm held up because one of the pilots is coming from ATL.

I'm pretty sure I saw a post somewhere that someone in DL corporate said, this week, that weather will be the only thing to cause serious disruption to their system.

Whoever you are. Thanks for jinxing things.

YOU did this.
That was COO Gil West. He said it just a couple hours after CEO Ed Bastian promised that there would never be another IT outage because the company moved to a new data center.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:31 pm

My brother, his spouse, three adult kids, assorted spouse/BF stuck in ATL on their way to Mexico. What a way to start the holiday.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by minnyfly
They are separate crews, but depending on the carrier they could be ATL based and also be disrupted.
Republic Airline
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:34 pm

What is making this more worrisome for all is that they have yet to confirm or deny anything so they may not even know what the cause was or if they can put a fix in place relatively quickly...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I read something recently that 85% of DL's aircraft are routed through ATL every day. SO... if you're flying DL in the next few days and think you won't be affected, think again.

I am SO glad the yesterday's trip, connecting through ATL was my last trip of the year. Hopefully they'll recover by Jan 5th when my next trip is scheduled (through ATL of course)..

Good luck to all affected.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12

That was COO Gil West. He said it just a couple hours after CEO Ed Bastian promised that there would never be another IT outage because the company moved to a new data center.
The universe came back to bite within days of him saying that.
jackal likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mysterym
Republic Airline
Republic Airline doesn't have any flights or crews that go through ATL that I know of, so you should be fine.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by mysterym
Republic Airline
I don't believe Republic has an ATL base, and I don't know if they even have any flights out of ATL. So I like your odds.

Edit: Ditto LoganFlyer, haha.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
lovely. i have flights on wednesday, but it's united and connecting from canada to the states. it is unlikely that i will get affected, right?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
The current situation is not helping those who are due to fly tomorrow morning...I want to cancel tomorrow's flight so that I can rebook on AA, but not sure if I'll get my money back from DL...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by techie
The current situation is not helping those who are due to fly tomorrow morning...I want to cancel tomorrow's flight so that I can rebook on AA, but not sure if I'll get my money back from DL...
If it were me...I’d rebook and call or complain later. Worked for me in April when I had to self rebook onto AA at ridiculous price. DL obviously only reimbursed their half, but if it gets bad enough they will (risking the fact that somehow you won’t be affected by this of course...)

FWIW: as I said earlier, I’ve already booked on UA tomorrow morning because I’ve got to get where I’m going. If my original DL is impacted at all...I’ll be sure and ask for a refund
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL,EK
AVWeb is reporting that some planes are being deplaned with the slides. What a mess.

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/new...-230059-1.html
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
While I don't disagree with you, DEN also is surrounded by nothingness to the North, East, and South. Easy to have a solar farm when you have that much space.
Um, you don't need space for a backup solution; you do need space for solar as a specific backup solution.

Think diesel generators like hospitals have (which is why I made the allusion to hospitals).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.