Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refundable ticket just for SC access?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
It is no unethical, it is ticketing fraud and directly violates DL's COC.
While it is fraudulent in general (buying a ticket you never intend to use), there is nothing in DL's COC about this. AA on the other hand specifically prohibits the purchase of tickets solely to access airport facilities etc.
An alternative would be to ask for a gate pass. DL is particularly easy about these and you then don't have to spend time afterwards fixing things.
Can't imagine a gate pass would get you into the SkyClub.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
This was a pretty well known (and gross!) abuse of using a paid, refundable business fare to gain lounge access... 36 times, lol. Lufthansa got their revenge on the passenger: Man Rebooks Ticket to Use Lounge 36 Times; Is Sued and Loses | The Gate
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by davetravels
Again, NOT THAT I CONDONE DOING THIS, but . . .

COC = Contract of Carriage

There isn't going to be any carriage.

It could be called "Harry Potter's Magic Wand" and it would still be a binding legal contract once you give DL money and DL gives you a ticket.

Of course the elephant in the room is that pretty much no SkyClub is worth this amount of effort :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.