FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Upgrades Disappeared T-1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1882740-upgrades-disappeared-t-1-a.html)

bronco2008 Dec 14, 2017 6:41 am

Upgrades Disappeared T-1

My apologies if this has been discussed before, I did a quick search and didn't find anything relevant. I have a multi-city trip starting this afternoon and ending tomorrow evening, I was upgraded to first on 3 of the flights and was in Comfort+ for the rest but I noticed yesterday morning that my upgrades were gone and I was in the main cabin for all of the flights. I called Delta and they advised me that a supervisor had manually removed all the upgrades and asked me if I had called and requested it (which I hadn't), they were able to get one of the first class seats back and put me in Comfort+ for the rest of the flights. Has anyone experienced this before? It's not a big deal for me but I was curious if it had happened to others.

RobOnLI Dec 14, 2017 7:05 am

The record should be noted with why the downgrades occurred. No supervisor is going to manually downgrade your flights, especially all of them, without a reason. Was there a schedule change? Did you get rebooked on all flights for some reason?

Even if you called in and asked for a downgrade any agent would do it for you. They don't need a supervisor to do it.

There has to be more to the story here. Shenanigans?

-RM

bronco2008 Dec 14, 2017 7:14 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 29172832)
The record should be noted with why the downgrades occurred. No supervisor is going to manually downgrade your flights, especially all of them, without a reason. Was there a schedule change? Did you get rebooked on all flights for some reason?

Even if you called in and asked for a downgrade any agent would do it for you. They don't need a supervisor to do it.

There has to be more to the story here. Shenanigans?

-RM

The CSA I spoke to said that there are no notes on why the supervisor removed the upgrades, I re-checked the flights and there are no schedule changes either. I did move all of my flights a day back but that was last week even before the upgrades cleared so I don't think that had anything to do with it, as far as the supervisor doing it...I was thinking the same thing, why would he/she get involved and why an agent couldn't do it? Again I am not upset bcos I am on the upgrade list and it looks I am going to be ok on those flights where I lost the seats but it still was very perplexing to me that something like this happened.

BusTrav8yrs Dec 14, 2017 9:52 am

My guess would be a paid F passenger called and had a supervisor force an UG out to SDC on one of your segments and they inadvertently removed you from all your segments.

orr333 Dec 14, 2017 10:20 am

Did you have any aircraft changes?

MSPeconomist Dec 14, 2017 10:38 am

Originally Posted by orr333 (Post 29173559)

Or were you assigned seats that might be required for passengers with special needs?

I'd call DL and escalate. A supervisor shouldn't just decide to downgrade a DM for no reason. If you were watching the upgrades clear and remember the seats you were assigned when you were automatically, do you have any sense whether yours were the last upgrades on the segments in question?

It seems odd also that this happened for three of four or more segments as the odds of someone buying FC (or a 360 insisting on upgrades) on the same three segments of a multicity trip would be very low unless the three segments are a natural and popular business oriented routing at a heavy time for business travel.

bronco2008 Dec 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 29173435)
My guess would be a paid F passenger called and had a supervisor force an UG out to SDC on one of your segments and they inadvertently removed you from all your segments.

Ah...that may be a possibility.

bronco2008 Dec 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by orr333 (Post 29173559)

No aircraft changes...A321, MD 88 and A321 when I booked and they are the same now as well.

bronco2008 Dec 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29173633)
Or were you assigned seats that might be required for passengers with special needs?

I'd call DL and escalate. A supervisor shouldn't just decide to downgrade a DM for no reason. If you were watching the upgrades clear and remember the seats you were assigned when you were automatically, do you have any sense whether yours were the last upgrades on the segments in question?

It seems odd also that this happened for three of four or more segments as the odds of someone buying FC (or a 360 insisting on upgrades) on the same three segments of a multicity trip would be very low unless the three segments are a natural and popular business oriented routing at a heavy time for business travel.

I am not sure how I can tell which F seats are for special needs passengers, is there a way to tell? I probably still have the emails I got when I cleared the upgrades so I can look up the seats I was assigned, not sure if I was one of the last ones cleared but I can defn dig into it...thanks for the suggestions. The segments were DCA to ATL (Thursday at noon) ATL to MIA (Thursday mid afternoon) and MIA to ATL (early Friday morning) ...I can tell for sure that DCA to ATL is elite heavy but other are medium I would think.

PV_Premier Dec 14, 2017 3:38 pm

horrendously bad luck if this was true of all 3 of your flights, but another explanation is FAM on those flights - they are required to assume specific seats in the F cabin. however, since your MIA-ATL was on a different day, this is an unlikely explanation for why all 3 segs would have been DG.

i'd definitely call and escalate, that is completely unacceptable without a very good explanation and probably some comp to offset.

kitkat77 Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Do you book on delta dot com directly, or through a travel portal like Concur?

I have had issues with my company's travel portal kicking back my first class or C+ upgrade, or taking me out of my seat assignment.

bronco2008 Dec 15, 2017 10:21 am

Originally Posted by kitkat77 (Post 29175964)
Do you book on delta dot com directly, or through a travel portal like Concur?

I have had issues with my company's travel portal kicking back my first class or C+ upgrade, or taking me out of my seat assignment.

I book thru my company's travel portal hosted by Amex and it is possible that they could do something like this but the fact that a Delta supervisor manually downgraded me is the puzzle I am not able to solve...unless a travel agent from Amex called Delta and asked this to be done but then I am not sure why they would do that.

bronco2008 Dec 15, 2017 10:23 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 29174987)
horrendously bad luck if this was true of all 3 of your flights, but another explanation is FAM on those flights - they are required to assume specific seats in the F cabin. however, since your MIA-ATL was on a different day, this is an unlikely explanation for why all 3 segs would have been DG.

i'd definitely call and escalate, that is completely unacceptable without a very good explanation and probably some comp to offset.

Agreed, the downgrade without any explanation is definitely bothersome...I'll call Delta once I get home and see what they say, thanks for the suggestions from all you guys!

country_boy Dec 18, 2017 1:23 am

I've had that happen, but I assume it had more to do with oversold flights. IE, my originating flight leaves 10 minutes late. Delta reboots me on a later connecting flight. I show up at my purchased gate- they will try to accommodate me, but all upgrades are lost. I also had this happen one time because Delta claimed to have canceled and then latter renstated the flight.

i got upgraded last month on a morning SEA-ATL flight using a RUC after being seated ( I was #1 on the list). I waited until boarding slowed down and made my way to F ( boarding pass on my phone). FA stated my wife ( who was 2000 miles away) declined the upgrade so we could sit together. I was sitting next to 2 guys. FA declined to identify the passanger who claimed to be my wife:-)

Bowgie Dec 18, 2017 2:34 am

Originally Posted by country_boy (Post 29187063)
i got upgraded last month on a morning SEA-ATL flight using a RUC after being seated ( I was #1 on the list). I waited until boarding slowed down and made my way to F ( boarding pass on my phone). FA stated my wife ( who was 2000 miles away) declined the upgrade so we could sit together. I was sitting next to 2 guys. FA declined to identify the passenger who claimed to be my wife:-)

I read the story as your boarding pass scanned good (green beep) for the F upgrade while an FA allowed a coach pax to seat swap for your seat. ::(
Next time, stand in the isle, and ask an FA to get the GA to "help find my assigned seat." FA's normally don't downgrade anyone.
BTW, did the RUC get used, and later reinstated when you complained?