Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

Something like this? (from 0:00-1:35)
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hilarious. Title made me think should be in gate lice, maybe dykwia or disgusting pax thread but one look at the pic made me realize it’s own thread is definitely with it.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
LOL reminds me of the time many many years ago when hubby and i went to golden corral (yes, i know) and a lady in there was wearing her bathrobe and slippers!)
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by angra
I didn't look closely enough to see if she was in comfort+.
She brings comfort+ to whichever seat is hers.
SamOF, apodo77 and AStarr like this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
Send the pic to PassengerShaming.
How is this worthy of shaming? She isn't harming anyone. She's not sitting behind someone tickling their bare elbow with her naked feet. Or clipping toe nails.

Okay, so she's not adhering to some "norm" in terms of dress at this moment (although I'm guessing she looks classy without the robe and cap, which is probably only there to protect her hair and clothing for a very special event that she's about to attend).

This thread is light-hearted, based on curiosity more than anything else. Good so far. But putting it on Passengershaming where it goes to the low level of bullying her for it?...nope.

And no, I'm not a snowflake. I can take and dish out, but I do think humans go around punching too many other people in the gut over others just living their own lives. Do we really all need to be identical to each other, and at all times? And when we're not, should it be bully-ingly plastered on a site specifically designed to shame and embarrass? I personally don't think so.

/soapbox
bennos, Croptop, AStarr and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Grog; Dec 14, 2017 at 9:07 am
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm never going to feel guilty wearing my RL joggers on a plane again.

But yeah, I don't think passenger shaming qualifies here. Sing your own kind of music.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
Agreed. Her violation of the carry on limit is what I find most objectionable about this person.
Yup, every single one of those bags will be shoved into an overhead bin, the large one sideways, no doubt.

Of course, potentially worse is the "sick" part - have caught the flu more than once from passengers hacking up a lung on an airplane, not really a fan of sick travellers.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Avis Presidents Club, Life Member VFW Post 10029
I'm wondering about TSA, - did she have to disrobe?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by kdonnel
We didn’t get our luggage until day 5 of a 7 day cruise

Delta explained that that our luggage missed the connecting flight on the direct flight from ATL to FLL. When I pointed out the idiocy of the statement Delta countered they lost a lot of luggage that day.
how does DL deliver your luggage onto a cruise ship
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kdonnel
We didn’t get our luggage until day 5 of a 7 day cruise

All we had was the shorts and t shirt we travelled in and a t shirt the ship gave us. Got lots of nasty looks from fellow passengers when we showed up for dinner dressed inappropriately. Got lots of apologies from the cruise line when wearing their special all your luggage is lost t shirt.

Delta explained that that our luggage missed the connecting flight on the direct flight from ATL to FLL. When I pointed out the idiocy of the statement Delta countered they lost a lot of luggage that day.

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I has broughts popcorn for the answer to this one.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by rufflesinc

They fly it it to one of the port of calls your ship is visiting and it is delivered to your cruiseline's port agent, who brings it onboard the ship when your ship arrives in that port.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by wrp96
They fly it it to one of the port of calls your ship is visiting and it is delivered to your cruiseline's port agent, who brings it onboard the ship when your ship arrives in that port.
Okay I have lots of questions then. The person I replied to only flew one domestic leg ATL-FLL, but the cruise was caribbean, mexico, or central or south america. So even though your ticket was purely domestic, DL will fly it intl?

What if I wasn't on a cruise but flew on a separate ticket ? Would DL deliver it to whereever I was? For example, if I flew DL on DTW-BOS connecting to CX BOS-HKG-asia. Would DL deliver to me in asia if they didn't get it to BOS ontime? Or is this just a service DL provides to cruise customers?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
She couldn't fit the robe and extra bags in her luggage, easy to figure this one out. Or maybe she was returning home from an extended stay in an institution...

Her luggage does look rather Walmart-ish...
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:44 am

could have been better

If only she had a small dog under arm! Could have been better!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by patonleeward
If only she had a small dog under arm! Could have been better!
Or, an emotional support turkey.
remyontheroad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.