Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress

I'm in awe of my fellow passenger's dress

Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Nah, not enough time from MIA to ATL to take a shower and get the hair "just right" even if it was on the Emirates 380 shower spa plane. Which it was not.
Loved the earlier description of the Walmartians by another poster. Spot on.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by firecracker725
Heck I may be dressed like that tomorrow since my bag is lost.
We didn’t get our luggage until day 5 of a 7 day cruise

All we had was the shorts and t shirt we travelled in and a t shirt the ship gave us. Got lots of nasty looks from fellow passengers when we showed up for dinner dressed inappropriately. Got lots of apologies from the cruise line when wearing their special all your luggage is lost t shirt.

Delta explained that that our luggage missed the connecting flight on the direct flight from ATL to FLL. When I pointed out the idiocy of the statement Delta countered they lost a lot of luggage that day.

Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:57 pm

Matching luggage.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Working girl" leaving work late and didn't have time to change?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Croptop
Perhaps her checked bag was a skosh over the limit so she pulled out the housecoat and curlers and wore them for the flight.
Yeah, that's my thinking too. Robes take up a lot of space, easier just to wear them on.

Originally Posted by angra
This was during pre-board and she walked through the collection of people waiting for prem to board. Aside from being a little bit out of it, there was no obvious reason that she needed to preboard, so they may well have been reacting to that, more than her clothing.
Did you check her boarding pass? Perhaps she was boarding in group PERM.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:38 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by State of Trance
LOL my favorite part is the the reaction from the 2 pax to her right.
They're trying to read the luggage tags
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by angra
and...... OP delivers!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta
Wonder what Joan Rivers would have said about Ms. "E" (notice the initial dangling off shoulder bag) and her fashion sense?

Last edited by Vegas Vegan; Dec 13, 2017 at 9:54 pm Reason: grammar!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Send the pic to PassengerShaming.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Folks, do any of you live in Miami? I do and therefore MIA is my home airport and MIA-ATL one of my most frequent routes. This city is unlike anywhere else in the U.S. for myriad reasons. Scenes such as this - and far more bizarre - play out every day in all settings, not just at the airport. This thread and picture surprised me exactly...none...once I saw the OP post that MIA-ATL was the offending route. Come spend some time with me if you’d ever like to see all varieties of crazy!
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
Folks, do any of you live in Miami? I do and therefore MIA is my home airport and MIA-ATL one of my most frequent routes. This city is unlike anywhere else in the U.S. for myriad reasons. Scenes such as this - and far more bizarre - play out every day in all settings, not just at the airport. This thread and picture surprised me exactly...none...once I saw the OP post that MIA-ATL was the offending route. Come spend some time with me if you’d ever like to see all varieties of crazy!
True.
I don't live there, but I've spent significant time there. Miami is like another country.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO 1MM
sounds like I need to visit MIA more often. "Weird" is good for the soul.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I wonder if she would have been allowed in the Sky Club dressed like that?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO 1MM
based on what I've seen of SC the last few years, I have no reason to doubt that she would be allowed in, should she provide the requisite revenue.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Miami is such a special place - I've never flown there but been several times. I'll be hanging out at MIA for the first time in the first week of March on a long transit day from FLL to MIA en route. The people watching must be fantastic! We certainly do have our characters in Florida! I miss it sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.