Wiki Posts
Search

ATL SC is terrible

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
ATL SC is terrible

What's up with ATL Skyclub staff, in Terminal B, they're so rude, short-tempered and lack of willingness to help. Not at all like the way I'm treated when I'm in SEA, MSP and SLC (where I normally fly through). Is this commonplace in Atlanta? If so why would their Main Hub have the worst representation of Delta's service. The only reason I flew through here was due to my flight being canceled out of AMS due to there being no Aircraft since it never left MSP.

I'm just very disappointed in Atlanta's SC service. Maybe it's isolated to Terminal B, but it makes me want to avoid ATL.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jonathanbak
What's up with ATL Skyclub staff, in Terminal B, they're so rude, short-tempered and lack of willingness to help. Not at all like the way I'm treated when I'm in SEA, MSP and SLC (where I normally fly through). Is this commonplace in Atlanta? If so why would their Main Hub have the worst representation of Delta's service. The only reason I flew through here was due to my flight being canceled out of AMS due to there being no Aircraft since it never left MSP.

I'm just very disappointed in Atlanta's SC service. Maybe it's isolated to Terminal B, but it makes me want to avoid ATL.
Yeah it's commonplace in ATL. DL just can't seem to get good staff for some reason.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check

Amen.........the B Skyclub Staff is HORRIBLE.....every time I go in there with an issue they have no interest in helping. Had an IRROPS issue last July and they were worthless......went to A and it was a totally different attitude.

Now.......I think most of the agents in other Sky Clubs (A and T in particular) have EXCELLENT staff's who are willing to help no matter what the case.....most all of the Delta staff is amazing.
jonathanbak likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL telling their employees they are the world’s best doesn’t help any either.
jonathanbak and lindros2 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah it's commonplace in ATL. DL just can't seem to get good staff for some reason.
Why do you think it's particularly DL's central, core hub that has the worst service/attitude?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I have had nothing but good experience with the staff in the Concourse B SkyClub.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:03 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
OP, could you be a bit more specific? What happened?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I would try other Delta clubs in ATL. The staff are very nice at the T6 club, at the A-Midpoint club, the C37-39 club and the D12 club, to name four clubs I particularly enjoy. The staff are OK over at E and F also; you should check out the SkyDeck at F.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Maybe they should go the AA route and constantly belittle them/have public (and ugly) battles with them/their unions.

Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Why do you think it's particularly DL's central, core hub that has the worst service/attitude?
Pay offered to frontline employees and thus the type of person hired into those jobs from the Atlanta metro area population base. The same folks are working in the ATL shops and dining establishments and kiosks, etc. But the traveling public accepts poor/rude service in an airport McDonald’s whereas they don’t from an airline agent, even though those individuals may well be making comparable salaries. Right or wrong, who knows, and Delta causes the raised expectations by telling customers we are “at the forefront of everything they do,” whereas McDonald’s implies nothing and basically just says we’ll get you some food in a short period of time - don’t go looking or asking for much more.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Except in most SCs, they aren't DL employees. They are likely something like Sodexo. However, IME, if you treat they with respect, they take awesome care of you regardless.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by bonoman
Except in most SCs, they aren't DL employees. They are likely something like Sodexo. However, IME, if you treat they with respect, they take awesome care of you regardless.
correct. IIRC If the SC has actual mainline employees it is the person working the service/check-in desk. Everything else is a vendor/DGS
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
While I’m sure it’s YMMV, my last IRROPS in ATL the SC agents I had horrible agents as well. They refused to help me with a seat assignment and refused to call the gate.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I have to step up in defense of the SC (and ATL is where I spend the most time)

I have noticed a big improvement over the past few months; I believe the vendor may have some new management and they are doing a great job. I have had really good experiences lately, especially in E,F,B. The food has stepped it up too in those locations; still room for improvement in the others.

OP's complaints seem to center around the actual DL agents at the service desk. The SC is my preferred way of dealing with IROP's, other than that I have very little interaction with the agents, but have never had a problem. It all depends on the individual agent; also, B is a zoo and they are very busy and this creates stress and makes it harder to get help. I am not making excuses, I'm just saying that's my observation. I had an agent at the D SC save my bacon on a IROP a few weeks ago so there are definitely good ones.

I do think checking in to the club is a PITA at B.

I have been critical in the past but believe in credit where credit is due. We complained about overcrowding, and there has been at least a little relief. We complained about the food, and it's getting better. I see evidence that they are trying.

What they need to work on is consistency. I went through MSP a couple of weeks ago and the SC was bare bones for food; on the return I was hungry and stopped for some egg's bennie and after that went to the other SC where they had a full and awesome spread. Had I known they had omelettes and hash browns I would not have stopped at the restaurant. My expectation was developed on the leg out.

I have heard similar complaints on FT about ATL gate agents as well. I rarely have the need to engage but they get the flights out on time and I rarely have an issue. I lived in ATL for 15 years so maybe I am just conditioned at this point.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life

The past couple of weeks have been tough on the SC staff, since they've had to rebook folks while checking people in. It's almost like they're multitasking, God forbid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.