Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

US-Europe Business Class On sale 98k SkyMiles Round Trip through May

US-Europe Business Class On sale 98k SkyMiles Round Trip through May

Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:46 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Posts: 5,546
US-Europe Business Class On sale 98k SkyMiles Round Trip through May

Just got the email for this deal in Business CLass.

Could be the best one ever.

PHX-LHR in J example:
355F1 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:47 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TYO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,745
DL metal only?
invalyd is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta
Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Posts: 514
Wish it was thru July
Eddie98 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:42 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 23,444
Originally Posted by invalyd
DL metal only?
Yes.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...tic-award.html
xliioper is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:52 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: SPG, DL
Posts: 307
They did a 98k deal last August too (might even have been 95k). I got last years xmas travel through that one.

Although it may be a better relative deal because they raised the base price.
ATLawyer is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:57 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
I was able to find the 98k miles price for these routes:

ATL-FRA $127.76 YQ
ATL-LHR $283.06 YQ
LAX-LHR $288.06 YQ


I thought YQ doesn't apply on RT redemptions?
eliteguardstery is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:34 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,989
Originally Posted by eliteguardstery
I was able to find the 98k miles price for these routes:

ATL-FRA $127.76 YQ
ATL-LHR $283.06 YQ
LAX-LHR $288.06 YQ


I thought YQ doesn't apply on RT redemptions?
It's not YQ -

Air Transportation Charges

Base Fare$0.00

Taxes, Fees and Charges

  • United States - September 11th Security Fee(Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee) (AY)$11.20
  • Germany - Air Transport Tax (OY)$49.40
  • Germany - Passenger Service Charge (RA)$39.40
  • Germany - Airport Security Charge (DE)$11.30
  • United States - Custom User Fee (YC)$5.50
  • United States - Immigration and Naturalization Fee(Immigration User Fee) (XY)$7.00
  • United States - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Fee (APHIS User Fee - Passengers (XA)$3.96
Total Price (USD)$127.76

It's all the above. I assume the LHR examples include the ~$200 luxury tax/APD assessed on business departures from LHR.
btonkid12345 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:48 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
It's not YQ -

Air Transportation Charges

Base Fare$0.00

Taxes, Fees and Charges

  • United States - September 11th Security Fee(Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee) (AY)$11.20
  • Germany - Air Transport Tax (OY)$49.40
  • Germany - Passenger Service Charge (RA)$39.40
  • Germany - Airport Security Charge (DE)$11.30
  • United States - Custom User Fee (YC)$5.50
  • United States - Immigration and Naturalization Fee(Immigration User Fee) (XY)$7.00
  • United States - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Fee (APHIS User Fee - Passengers (XA)$3.96
Total Price (USD)$127.76

It's all the above. I assume the LHR examples include the ~$200 luxury tax/APD assessed on business departures from LHR.
Thanks for the breakdown! I think I will hold off and wait for the next sale.
eliteguardstery is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:03 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,989
Originally Posted by eliteguardstery
Thanks for the breakdown! I think I will hold off and wait for the next sale.
You must realize these taxes/fees will not decrease or go away, and award prices decreasing over time is highly unlikely as well. DL has continually devalued business class awards.
btonkid12345 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:44 pm
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bay Area
Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Posts: 12,729
Can you hold awards while transferring MR points to DL SkyMiles account?

That's assuming the transfer can happen within 24 hours?
wco81 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:13 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Posts: 5,546
Originally Posted by wco81
Can you hold awards while transferring MR points to DL SkyMiles account?

That's assuming the transfer can happen within 24 hours?
Nope.

DL doesnt hold awards.
355F1 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:32 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MKE
Programs: DL 2 MM
Posts: 918
Got MKE-ATL-MUC and return for 98k for 2.

From calendar only 2 days available for that (from Feb through May, whatever the dates were). Not sure if will keep it, as she-who-must-be-obeyed hasn't agreed yet.

Was also not sure how soon I'd see it on FT. Figured people would be booking far prior to posting

EDIT: Oh, and yeah LON sucks for fees. Ours were $112.

Last edited by TommyD2; Dec 12, 2017 at 7:33 pm Reason: London Fees
TommyD2 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:21 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Posts: 11,118
Originally Posted by wco81
Can you hold awards while transferring MR points to DL SkyMiles account?

That's assuming the transfer can happen within 24 hours?

The last handful of transfers I dd happened almost immediately.
NoStressHere is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:46 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Woodstock, GA USA
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
Posts: 906
Didn't get the email but a fellow DM buddy of mine forwarded it to me. Booked ATL-JFK-NCE for 98K late April for 12 days. BCE and ROM were higher but reasonable. I figure I have good options landing in the southern France halfway between Rome and Bordeaux. Will be a big surprise for Mrs. B.
GeorgeBurdell is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:06 pm
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bay Area
Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Posts: 12,729
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
The last handful of transfers I dd happened almost immediately.
Thanks.

It's tempting but I'd fly to a European hub and then buy a separate flight to my destination but the flights don't quite work out so it probably won't work out.
wco81 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.