Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking Advice- $550 short of GM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Question Seeking Advice- $550 short of GM

So I just hit all of the miles I need for Gold but I'm about $550 short on the spend- is it worth pulling the money out of my pocket to hit the next level? I fly out of CMH mainly.
I really do appreciate the feedback.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

IMHO, you should look at the difference between silver and gold benefits specifically on your anticipated flying patterns next year. Maybe waived same day confirm fees have value to you? You fly on routes with lots of frequency, on company-paid tickets that are booked into fairly high fare classes (because one needs the same fare class to SDC)? Don't do it for upgrades if you fly popular routes at popular times... you just move up the upgrade list from #30 to #15 .
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
If you expect a significant increase in your flying next year, it might be worth rolling more over. E.g. if you can make it to GM in a few months. you'll get the benefit for most of 2018 anyway along with 2019.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta, IHG
Do you have any of the Delta credit cards that could give you the same Gold Medallion benefits? If not, you may enjoy going through SkyPriority security lane, same-day confirm fees waived, slightly faster boarding and maybe a smile from the FA when you ask for something.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Biggest benefit IMO is STE+ which can be a big benefit for lounge access if you travel international Y frequently on DL or other ST members and don't already have lounge access independently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.