Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FlyDelta App for iPad No Longer Supported

Old Dec 9, 17, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program

Searched for this but only found something about the app AND website being down yesterday.

Opened FlyDelta app for iPad and got a message that it was no longer supported...try the website or the app for iPhone. What is this about? I really liked the iPad app. I tried deleting and reinstalling but got the same message. iPhone app and website ARE working this morning.
Old Dec 9, 17, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM
Probably needs to be updated for IOS 11 which has a different file system.
Old Dec 9, 17, 8:21 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
I think they are sunsetting the iPad app. That's what it says at reddit.com/r/delta.
Old Dec 9, 17, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
When I opened the iPad app just now I got the “no longer supported” message momentarily, then the regular screen appeared.
Old Dec 9, 17, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post
When I opened the iPad app just now I got the “no longer supported” message momentarily, then the regular screen appeared.
My experience was just the opposite: the regular screen appeared momentarily, immediately followed by the "not supported" message.
Old Dec 9, 17, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I got the “not supported” message directing me to the web or the iPhone app but the original iPad app opened.
Old Dec 9, 17, 11:35 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
My Galaxy Note 2 is also no longer supporting the Fly Delta app. Time for a new phone. I usually buy the state-of-the-art phone, but from two years ago. Being on the trailing edge of technology is a lot cheaper.
Old Dec 9, 17, 1:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 3MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Another “feature” we asked for......

Between app crashes and the Atlanta debacle another big win for Delta
Old Dec 9, 17, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by RRDD View Post
My Galaxy Note 2 is also no longer supporting the Fly Delta app. Time for a new phone. I usually buy the state-of-the-art phone, but from two years ago. Being on the trailing edge of technology is a lot cheaper.
Same here on my Android. I got a notification that the version I was using was no longer supported, but the Google store tells me the new version isn't compatible with my phone. The annoying thing is this happened while I was on a plane trying to check my connecting flights. Luckily I had paper boarding passes, but I had to use the monitors in the airports to find my flights after I landed. Would have been nice to at least had some warning instead of having it suddenly become non-functional.
Old Dec 9, 17, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
My Delta app on my iPad said no longer supported. Change to fly Delta for Iphone. It then updated and opened.
Old Dec 9, 17, 4:46 pm

iPad app works fine for me.

Atlanta debacle?
Old Dec 14, 17, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott Plat
It looks like th iPad app is officially dead. When I opened it, just got the dead message and the App Store does not have it anymore.
Old Dec 14, 17, 10:21 pm

Ditto for me. For several days I was getting a brief, shadowy “not supported” message on the iPad app, then the app would open. Earlier today I updated my apps and now the Delta app has been replaced entirely by the not supported message.
Old Dec 14, 17, 10:35 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold

Agreed, iPad app seems dead. Just received the same not supported message with a bar to click on “update now”. Once clicked you get a “item not available in the U.S. App Store”. Nice one DL. Please fix. Using iPad Pro if that helps.

Should also mention the new UI for FlyerTalk really isn’t ideal on iPad and you need to fight to get the cursor to stay within the quick reply box that is visible.
Xeno likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Flaneurs View Post

Agreed, iPad app seems dead. Just received the same not supported message with a bar to click on “update now”. Once clicked you get a “item not available in the U.S. App Store”. Nice one DL. Please fix. Using iPad Pro if that helps.

Should also mention the new UI for FlyerTalk really isn’t ideal on iPad and you need to fight to get the cursor to stay within the quick reply box that is visible.
I’ve already posted about the DL app problems on iPad but want to second the problems with FlyerTalk quick reply on iPad. It’s very frustrating to use the quick reply option as you can’t really see what you’re writing until you’ve completed it.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Dec 15, 17 at 8:36 pm

Search this Thread