Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page > Delta app appears to be down, Dec 7 2017

Delta app appears to be down, Dec 7 2017

Old Dec 7, 17, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Delta app appears to be down, Dec 7 2017

The Delta app is apparently down. Everyone in line at the LGA skyclub couldn't open it. The desk said that it's been having problems for the past half hour.

They are printing boarding passes and making boarding announcements as there are no notifications.

I checked my Android phone and iPhone with the same result. Any one else having issues. I imagine this is going to be a bit of a cluster at security and the gates.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS G75K, DL Diamomd, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I can't log in to the website either.
Glad I changed my flight (ATL waiver) earlier in the day.

Programs: DL DM 1.8 MM, MR LT Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz PC. UA Gold(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by jfadool View Post
The Delta app is apparently down. Everyone in line at the LGA skyclub couldn't open it. The desk said that it's been having problems for the past half hour.

They are printing boarding passes and making boarding announcements as there are no notifications.

I checked my Android phone and iPhone with the same result. Any one else having issues. I imagine this is going to be a bit of a cluster at security and the gates.
not just the mobile app. Can't even log on to website on my tablet. Had to have skyclub print my boarding pass

Programs: DL PM Mlife Gold Honors Gold IHG Plat Hyatt Platinum Westin Gold Marriott Gold National Executive
Yep both my iPhone won’t connect. I get logged out but it won’t let me login.

Its an enhancement. IT wants you to get to know your airport staff better
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta and Hilton Diamond
Just noticed the same, first when I tried to use the app, then same result when using website.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Me too

Thought it was my browser!
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:36 pm

Yeah, this is frustrating. Trying to book a flight and use an e-gift as Matrix is finally showing the fare I wanted. Hopefully the fare will still be there when things get back up.

Seth
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL PM Mlife Gold Honors Gold IHG Plat Hyatt Platinum Westin Gold Marriott Gold National Executive
This is the exact reason on every flight I get a printed boarding pass at check in desks and do the “add to wallet” option on my phone. This exact scenario here.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Noticed the same. Final confirmaton page after booking timed out. Tried to call to verify if my booking went trough since i also didn't get an email, however the current hold time is 38 minutes for the DM desk
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:45 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Mainline cancellations for 12-8 thru ATL have begin (DL1066)
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
This is the exact reason on every flight I get a printed boarding pass at check in desks and do the “add to wallet” option on my phone. This exact scenario here.
Yep, I learned that one the hard way last April during the meltdown. I left security to return to the ticket desk, I then got a return call from Delta. They we're able to rebook me so I ran back up to security but I couldn't access my boarding pass again or retrieve my new one. Didn't matter anyway as that flight got scrubbed too, but the lesson still stands. I screenshot and add my boarding passes to my Android wallet.

Originally Posted by Khssoccer16 View Post
I'm so glad I'm flying today instead of tomorrow. I had no idea about the weather, I've been in New York all week.

Last edited by jfadool; Dec 7, 17 at 7:15 pm
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
Me too

Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
I agree--years ago the family was flying to Japan. We got to DTW and the power went out and shut down the Delta servers. The only passengers who could board had paper passes, which I had printed at home. Not only did we did we get to Tokyo as planned, it was a delightful flight as the plane was half empty! Doesn't happen often, but I still do just as you do

Last edited by gretchendz; Dec 7, 17 at 7:29 pm
Old Dec 7, 17, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Khssoccer16 View Post
I’m glad im flying home now and don’t have to fly again until Monday night. I’m surprised for the cancellations with such a small forecast of snow. (Though this is ATL after all)
Old Dec 7, 17, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
This has been the most helpful thread I've seen in a while. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 17, 7:13 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
Good ol Atlanta. Ever since we looked like the Walking Dead in 2013, we shut down with the threat of a single flurry.

Search this Thread