"We can call you back in 15 hours..."

Old Dec 7, 17, 1:59 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 2MM. DL Plat
"We can call you back in 15 hours..."

It's about noon pacific time. I'm Plat. Called reservations. Computer recognizes my status. Tells me they can call me b ack in 15 hours.

Wow!
Old Dec 7, 17, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage
"Wow!" indeed. I hope it's a glitch rather than people freaking out over the ATL weather waiver.
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I'm not even getting the callback option right now. Just "your hold time is between 1h 45min and 2h 30min.

And of course DL.dumb isn't letting me change my flight online because my outbound flight that landed 5.5 hours ago has yet to clear from my itinerary.
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS G75K, DL Diamomd, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I called in and got the offer of a call back between 22-28 minutes as a Diamond. Was 11:45am PST.
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:17 pm

If you put in an international number it outright rejects it, leaving you to stay on hold for 15 hours.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL PM Mlife Gold Honors Gold IHG Plat Hyatt Platinum Westin Gold Marriott Gold National Executive
Itís a new enhancement. They want you to experience something, I have no idea what but itís gotta be something
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Marriott
Delta System Problems?

I called the Delta late this afternoon and got a similar message about wait times being between 1.5 to 2 hours. So I tweeted my request and got help that way. Just now I tried logging on to Delta.com and was not able to get in on my computer or to log in to the app. Called Delta tech support and at first got the drill about "refresh your page, clear your cache" but after a few minutes, the customer rep said she had a notification that Delta was having a system problem. My spouse who is flying today and at the DTW SkyClub said the agent just told him that the Delta.com site and app problems were due to "Snow on a Satellite".

Search this Thread