DM Choice Benefits - Exec SC

Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
DM Choice Benefits - Exec SC

Just requalified for DM in 2018 (latest I have in awhile). Currently have SC access (individual membership) til end of Aug 2018 (from DM qualification in 2017 plus a few months via old DL/NWA GM Asian SC membership). If I were to purchase a year of SC Individual Membership for $495, I should be extended through Aug 2019 correct? At that point, can I simply use ONE (1) of my 2018 DM Choice Benefits to get Exec through end of of Jan 2019? This essentially would mean I would be exec from now til end of Jan 2019, then individual from Feb 2019 til end of Aug 2019?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no SC Executive upgrade option for 2018 DM Choice benefits. There's only a Guest Pass option which only looks to work with the Amex Plat and Delta Reserve cards. Even if it worked with an individual membership, it would be good for as long as your individual membership was valid.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LBJ
There's no SC Executive upgrade option for 2018 DM Choice benefits. There's only a Guest Pass option which only looks to work with the Amex Plat and Delta Reserve cards. Even if it worked with an individual membership, it would be good for as long as your individual membership was valid.
Ack, you're right. I guess the roundabout approach is DM choice benefit for 25K miles, then purchase upgrade for 23K....

Am I correct to assume if I purchase 1 year it just extends it for 12 months?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ack, you're right. I guess the roundabout approach is DM choice benefit for 25K miles, then purchase upgrade for 23K....

Am I correct to assume if I purchase 1 year it just extends it for 12 months?
Not really following. Upgrading an existing individual SC membership is not going to extend it's length. The existing term of the membership is going to remain the same. If it did that, you could effectively purchase a whole year exec membership for only 23,000 miles or $250.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Just checked my DM choices for 2018 and for Sky Club it indicates that if you have individual membership through Jan, 2019 (or beyond) it would take one choice to upgrade it to Executive. I have an individual that ends December 2018, would be glad to upgrade it to Executive if I could and see if I qualify for DM for 2019 and potentially have a gap in membership. I think I will have to talk to someone about that since my membership ends prior to January 2019.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LBJ
Originally Posted by Paplover
Just checked my DM choices for 2018 and for Sky Club it indicates that if you have individual membership through Jan, 2019 (or beyond) it would take one choice to upgrade it to Executive. I have an individual that ends December 2018, would be glad to upgrade it to Executive if I could and see if I qualify for DM for 2019 and potentially have a gap in membership. I think I will have to talk to someone about that since my membership ends prior to January 2019.
It's mildly confusing because of the mix of 2017 and 2018 options, and the way things are phrased.

For 2018, there is no listed upgrade option from Individual to Executive. The way the chart and options appear, you can spend 1 Choice Benefit and select Individual, or spend 2 Choice Benefits and select Executive. That leaves unknown whether, if you first selected Individual, there is any way to obtain an Executive membership, since the "Guest Pass (Credit Card Access)" benefit as written only applies to credit card access as LBJ stated (it's even in the name)

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 14.19.11.png
Views: 312
Size:  167.0 KB

I have not selected any of my 2018 benefits yet, and this is how the choices appear to me if I check the Sky Club box:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 14.20.33.png
Views: 302
Size:  123.1 KB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.