Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page > Time to end the Sweetwater "experimental offerings" in the ATL B club?

Time to end the Sweetwater "experimental offerings" in the ATL B club?

Old Dec 6, 17, 8:50 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Time to end the Sweetwater "experimental offerings" in the ATL B club?

Now that B18 is the only club in the B terminal, DL's practice of premiering trendy Sweetwater beer offerings there is getting tiresome.

First it was the lemon grass flavored beer. Now it is the pineapple IPA. There may have been another bizarre aimed-at-millennials offering in between.

Two complementary beer taps. One devoted to Miller Lite near-beer, and one devoted to whatever strange, adulterated concoction that Sweetwater feels compelled to brew.

Time for the application of the Reinheitsgebot.
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 6, 17, 10:27 pm
used to be 'jrl22'

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (IAD area) and near LAX
Programs: DL PM 1.2MM; AS MVPG
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
Now that B18 is the only club in the B terminal, DL's practice of premiering trendy Sweetwater beer offerings there is getting tiresome.

First it was the lemon grass flavored beer. Now it is the pineapple IPA. There may have been another bizarre aimed-at-millennials offering in between.

Two complementary beer taps. One devoted to Miller Lite near-beer, and one devoted to whatever strange, adulterated concoction that Sweetwater feels compelled to brew.

literalist alert
from your first couple sentences you appear to think Sweetwater’s avant-garde offerings don’t offer a good alternative at any price, least of all when (along with Miller Lite — and, for the record, I agree with you on that one) they’re the only complimentary choices
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
Even worse when the AMEX complimentary premium drink promotion for December excludes premium beer
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PM Mlife Gold Honors Gold IHG Plat Hyatt Platinum Westin Gold Marriott Gold National Executive
For beer drinkers its very frustrating that DL is so so so so cheap when it comes to beer, but you can go to "The Club at XXX" (ATL for example) and have a wide variety of beer options.
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG, DL
They could at least align them with the season. Having "Goin' Costal" on tap in December is idiotic.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:06 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ATLawyer View Post
They could at least align them with the season. Having "Goin' Costal" on tap in December is idiotic.
This should be a minimum. I'm a big beer fan and always like to try whatever is new so the Sweetwater taps do have some appeal to me. That being said, taps need to be on-season.
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:20 am

You always need to have a steady, non-changing beer. It doesn't need to be Miller Lite but there needs to be a standard beer that's always offered and that would appeal to the strong majority of beer drinkers.

The more specialized brews like pineapple and the others should be a secondary choice and be rotated. I like some of Sweetwater's offerings and strongly dislike others.
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 0.985MM; HH Diam,Hz PC, UASilver, AAPlat
Miller Lite, Bud Lite etc are NOT beer - to coin a Monty Python phrase - like making love in a canoe - I don't drink the stuff. IMHO
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:27 am
pvn

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
"I don't want to be seen drinking that beer everyone else drinks, but I also don't want to drink beer that is TOO weird. Can't you guys just get a beer that TASTES normal but has a fancy label???"
Fredrik74, TetonSig, Zeeb and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 11:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold Plus
It's pretty sad that in a club we have to pay for (some way or another) to get into, we are still charged prices (often exorbitant) for drinks like a half decent beer. If they're going that route then they should keep one cheap/watery beer, one decent brew (420?), and one seasonal on tap for free.
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post

Lets blame millenials again, that ones not going to get old. I don't mind the pineapple IPA, the other varieties I have not been a fan of.

Originally Posted by dmarge18 View Post
It's pretty sad that in a club we have to pay for (some way or another) to get into, we are still charged prices (often exorbitant) for drinks like a half decent beer. If they're going that route then they should keep one cheap/watery beer, one decent brew (420?), and one seasonal on tap for free.
A premium beer is about $3, hardly exorbitant. Check the prices in the terminal if you disagree.
pvn and manacit like this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight View Post
A premium beer is about $3, hardly exorbitant. Check the prices in the terminal if you disagree.
Not just the beer, the liquor and good wine. And sure, only $3, not bad compared to a bar or downstairs at the airport at all. But when you pay $450 or $495 or $795 or 47,000 miles or 15,000 MQD, etc., for a 'premium' experience, you shouldn't have to go in with an additional budget for half-decent beer/wine/spirits.
Old Dec 7, 17, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, SPG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver (thanks to MR), EK Kettle, AA Hater
The regular sweetwater is fine.......beer should taste like beer...not fruit, or anything else!

And no, Miller Lite is not beer, despite being sans fruit, either.

I don't mind them having tests but not at the expense of having something normal.

I have less than 6 drinks a year in the SC, it would be nice if I could have a decent beer.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:29 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight View Post
Lets blame millenials again, that ones not going to get old. ...
Not blaming the millennials. Blaming the marketers targeting the millennials.
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2.6 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Delta needs to cut a deal with Yuengling and offer their "Traditional Lager" and their "99 Calorie Light" beers; both of which are the best in their categories of the "popular" beer brands. Miller Lite is just another industrial solvent like Bud Light. In the alternative, bring back Molson Canadian, which used to be served in the E Club.

Search this Thread