Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Time to end the Sweetwater "experimental offerings" in the ATL B club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to end the Sweetwater "experimental offerings" in the ATL B club?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
Not just the beer, the liquor and good wine. And sure, only $3, not bad compared to a bar or downstairs at the airport at all. But when you pay $450 or $495 or $795 or 47,000 miles or 15,000 MQD, etc., for a 'premium' experience, you shouldn't have to go in with an additional budget for half-decent beer/wine/spirits.
I must be getting ripped off by country club then. I paid a down-stroke and pay more than the annual fee per month and guess what- I pay for every drink. Oh wait, unlike the DCs- it is peaceful and quiet there and there's the golf too.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: SPG, DL
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
I must be getting ripped off by country club then. I paid a down-stroke and pay more than the annual fee per month and guess what- I pay for every drink. Oh wait, unlike the DCs- it is peaceful and quiet there and there's the golf too.
This. I never understood the entitlement of people who expect unlimited free premium drinks for $450 a year.
DataPlumber and TetonSig like this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
And no, Miller Lite is not beer, despite being sans fruit, either.
Despite your beer snobbery Miller Lite is actually indeed a beer.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I'm a big fan of both the Sweetwater seasonal offerings, but agree they could change them up a bit more often. If you want 420, go to any of the other clubs besides B and it's free there.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
I'm a big fan of both the Sweetwater seasonal offerings, but agree they could change them up a bit more often. If you want 420, go to any of the other clubs besides B and it's free there.
If you are flying out of B, that was more conveniently done before they consolidated to one single mega-club mass population accumulator in B.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:59 pm

I love trying new beers, despite not being a big fan of most lagers and actively disliking most IPAs. I don't actually enjoy most of the Sweetwater lineup, but I do like that DL tries to tap into the local brew scene when possible. As for quality imports (my favorites too, generally at least) don't they still have Ayinger available for like $3? Great price point for great brews!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL GM
I tried out the Sweetwater pineapple IPA on one of my last visits, mainly to compare it to Ballast Point's pineapple Sculpin. It was fine I guess. Would probably stick with a mixed drink next time if it is still there since it didn't do much for me. Some variety would be nice but I do appreciate that DL tends to feature local breweries in their Sky Clubs. Mainly I wish the standard year round beer was something other than a Miller Lite or equivalent. Can't really complain about free though.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I tried out the Sweetwater pineapple IPA on one of my last visits, mainly to compare it to Ballast Point's pineapple Sculpin. It was fine I guess. Would probably stick with a mixed drink next time if it is still there since it didn't do much for me. Some variety would be nice but I do appreciate that DL tends to feature local breweries in their Sky Clubs. Mainly I wish the standard year round beer was something other than a Miller Lite or equivalent. Can't really complain about free though.
Complimentary drinks are not free. One way or another, you have paid for them.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Complimentary drinks are not free. One way or another, you have paid for them.
Hey, don't sell my alcohol consumption in various Sky Club's around the country this year short. Whatever percentage of my Platinum Amex annual fee goes to my Sky Club access has probably been paid for and then some. Plus it is cheaper than an airport bar, no matter which way I paid for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.