Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by Duke787
I don't find this that surprising. I've had short flights delayed due to inop lavs. Just last week on an AA flight RDU - ORD we had a 20 minute delay due to an inop lav in an MD88/90 that the maintenance team had to physically seal and then update all the paperwork to reflect the inop lav before we could leave.
I was on a WN flight this summer MDW-GRR. Flight scheduled for 50 minutes. Delayed 1.5-2 hours for an inop lav.

Overheard several people at the game complaining "it's such a short flight, we can all hold it!" without realizing that WN -probably- has better accessibility to replacement parts at their hub than at GRR
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Same crew. No airline will fly a "housekeeper" just to maintain the toilets.
Cleaning up a toilet does not mean the crew is now unfit to handle food.
Pretty sure a lot of us cleans toilets back at home and also prepare food for the family.
Just need to wash up.
EK actually flies two “housekeepers” just to maintain the toilets and showers in first class on the A380. And nope they don’t handle any food. The lavs are cleaned after every use (with rose petals scattered around sometimes).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:27 pm

Same crew. No airline will fly a "housekeeper" just to maintain the toilets.
Cleaning up a toilet does not mean the crew is now unfit to handle food.
Pretty sure a lot of us cleans toilets back at home and also prepare food for the family.
Just need to wash up.
Besides EK, I remember reading about 15 years ago that JAL also had a dedicated crew member whose sole job was to clean the lavatories in F after each use. This was the 747, and the "old style" F class, so I am guessing around 15-20 passengers counting the upper deck.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:04 am

The Asian airlines I fly in Economy, I see the same crew doing the toilet "cleaning and also passing me my lunch. Yes. China Eastern is definitely one of them.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
That's fine, but I don't want the toilet-cleaning-person preparing my meal/snacks in between cleaning toilets... Maybe the Asian etc. airlines have a person who does nothing but toilet cleaning?
You must not venture out much...
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: delta dm
I wonder if there was a time limit on the length of the bathroom break or if they ended up leaving anyone behind because of a bad case of montezumas revenge or the delta sky club food.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WWads
Problem is that idiots think that they can throw paper towels and other foreign objects down the toilets without consequence. Apparently long-haul flights to India are especially problematic.
I do a lot of flights to and from India, and I’ve never encountered more than one (or maybe two) of the toilets out on any such long-haul flight. I’ve had a higher proportion of flights within the US that had no functioning restroom; and I’ve had a higher proportion of US-Europe flights that had one or more bathroom on board be out of commission than I’ve had for my long-haul flights to/from India.

The Asian airlines I fly in Economy, I see the same crew doing the toilet "cleaning and also passing me my lunch. Yes. China Eastern is definitely one of them.
At least some of the few European airlines with first class have FAs sometimes cleaning the bathroom in flight before or after serving food in-flight.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 10, 2017 at 1:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.