Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:40 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by MinnTee
I am so kicking myself for not ordering the Tumi carry-on last year. It was only available for a short while. The small bags they are offering now are an insult. Dang.
Insult? When I hit my 1st MM, there were no options, I was sent a Tumi Pleather notepad cover with MM embossed on it and some notepads.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I got the Hartmann luggage because it was before Tumi luggage was even an option.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I still have my leather boarding pass/passport wallet Continental sent me about 25 years ago. I use it when I travel international. Guess you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by MinnTee
... The small bags they are offering now are an insult. Dang.
That and they are all 'spinners', which are useless.
HDQDD likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
That and they are all 'spinners', which are useless.
And it's very hard to fit in the bin of an RJ and the suitor doesn't work for putting shirts in, I prefer my cheap carryon from Costco over that bag. I wish they had the mileage option available when I chose my gift.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tomphot

Insult? When I hit my 1st MM, there were no options, I was sent a Tumi Pleather notepad cover with MM embossed on it and some notepads.
When I hit 1MM, the gift selections were more modest but still nice (Hartmann notepad, Tiffany candlesticks).
But the congratulatory mailing also included 12 one-way upgrade certificates and 1MM stationary, which was awesome.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pbjag

When I hit 1MM, the gift selections were more modest but still nice (Hartmann notepad, Tiffany candlesticks).
But the congratulatory mailing also included 12 one-way upgrade certificates and 1MM stationary, which was awesome.
I'd love the 12 one way upgrades over any other gift. Only problem is if they are like RUC's they are so hard to use.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

I just got the Hartmann Aviator bag. It's very nice actually, although it's brown, not black
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Thoughts on what option is the best value money wise to choose, or are they all the same approximate retail value?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just hit 3MM, and like other have noticed, the gift choices are still a total let down. The Tumi choices are laughable. I was really hoping for a new Tumi Alpha backpack, so I will be sitting on my selection for a while.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by csf1
Just hit 3MM, and like other have noticed, the gift choices are still a total let down. The Tumi choices are laughable. I was really hoping for a new Tumi Alpha backpack, so I will be sitting on my selection for a while.
Congratulations or commiserations -- as you feel appropriate. I don't think I'll get to 3MM. And you need 4 for LT (or however it is described now) Plat, right?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:34 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Has anyone made any observations on patterns of when / how often the gift selection changes? I got my gift invite for 1MM about a month ago and it hasn't changed yet. I could really use a new carry-on roller so I'm debating the Hartmann one ... from everything I've read here it sounds like there's just about no chance of a Tumi suitcase at 1MM, but even the hard-side Hartmann option that had been available in an earlier post would potentially be nicer than the one that's showing up now.

Current 1MM choices that I'm seeing:

Old May 19, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond + 1MM, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Looks like 1 MM gift selection updated with new Samsonite spinners and a Hartmann backpack but no new Tumi selections.

Old May 20, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue
They should add a CO2 compensation gift for MM!

nice though. KLM does not have this. they do give you a special KLM House if you are Platinum for 10 years and have done a MM.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:51 am

Just hit MM as DM for past 6 years averaging $25-30k spend each year. Options available today do not include any Hartmann options whatsoever and Tumi items limited to makeup/toiletry bags and a tote. No backpack, suitcase, or briefcases available from Tumi. For that matter, no backpack or briefcase whatsoever, and no options for miles.

I guess Ill wait it out and see if any new options pop up in the next year. If not, this is really disappointing. For those of us flying enough to earn this benefit, we’re aware of the benefit and see colleagues receive these prior gifts. It does feel that Delta has devalued this program and this devalued my contribution to their business relative to friends and colleagues who received this benefit/gift in recent years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.