Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

My account has been updated but the update hasn’t reached the gift page yet. I’ll wait a few hours. I’m hoping the Tumi backpack is still an option.
I haven't chosen my 2MM gift yet, and, there'z nuthin like that showing up! I thought the 1MM & 2MM gifts were the same. Maybe not?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by davetravels
I haven't chosen my 2MM gift yet, and, there'z nuthin like that showing up! I thought the 1MM & 2MM gifts were the same. Maybe not?
It was the Tumi Alpha Bravo Backpack in Black. When I hit 2MM last year it was there and surprisingly only took a week to get after selecting.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
This is all the Tumi stuff that comes up when I log in:

Is it possible that diddferent people get different gift selections, possibly, based on their spend or some other criteria?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E

Is it possible that diddferent people get different gift selections, possibly, based on their spend or some other criteria?
Don't know. I know that I waited nearly a year after 1MM to select to find something that I wanted and don't remember things changing that much. This time for 2MM I jumped on it as I needed a new backpack. I guess I was lucky with DL (for once).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Don't know. I know that I waited nearly a year after 1MM to select to find something that I wanted and don't remember things changing that much. This time for 2MM I jumped on it as I needed a new backpack. I guess I was lucky with DL (for once).
Wow...the TUMI gifts are even worse now! There isn't even a backpack that's offered. I'm still beating myself up for not selecting the rollaboard when it was available last year. I still haven't picked my MM gift and I'm hoping that the luggage makes an appearance at some point in the near future.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Wow...the TUMI gifts are even worse now! There isn't even a backpack that's offered. I'm still beating myself up for not selecting the rollaboard when it was available last year. I still haven't picked my MM gift and I'm hoping that the luggage makes an appearance at some point in the near future.
It’s a really disappointing array of gifts, especially the TUMI options. I’ll wait and hope for a return to better choices. I noted that we have a year to make a choice.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
I thought there wasn’t a deadline to select a gift?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;

Those are the same TUMI gifts available for 5 MM!!
IndyDave likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Nope. My 5 MM gift, not taken for almost 2 years, is still available.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm pretty sure mine said I had one year to select.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Nope. My 5 MM gift, not taken for almost 2 years, is still available.
That's interesting. I was unable to select my 2 MM gift a few years ago because their software had a glitch (according to DL) was not allowing me into the site for some reason.
I reached out to DL and an associate emailed me the available Tiffany items (but not the Tumi items) and told me in the email that there was no time limit to select the gift.
I've followed up a few times trying to get the list of Tumi items. Finally got a response last year and they told me "you've waited too long, you're supposed to redeem within 6 months...."
What a great way to make a 2MM feel like a valued customer!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta PM, MM

Wow! Just did a quick check and those items sell for about $150. So they’ve gone from a $450 backpack to several $150 items. I was very close to holding off on ordering the backpack, hoping the rollaboard would come back. So glad I made the right choice for once!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by gypsycsc
Wow! Just did a quick check and those items sell for about $150. So they’ve gone from a $450 backpack to several $150 items. I was very close to holding off on ordering the backpack, hoping the rollaboard would come back. So glad I made the right choice for once!
Well, there ARE other fancy schmancy luggage choices, but they're Hartmann.

Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The one-year time limit on selecting the gift may be a new rule that applies only to recent Million Milers. It’s definitely on the gift page plus the MM congratulatory email I received today includes the instruction “Make sure to select your gift within one year.”

Delta has gone to cheaper options for all the Hartmann and Tumi gifts. I have seen Hartmann luggage similar to the DL gift ones on Amazon for <$300, although they may not be the newest model. Plus the Hartmann case weighs over 9 pounds, way too heavy as far as I’m concerned.

Is it worth writing to Delta to express disappointment about the reduction in the MM gifts? I really am disappointed! I doubt that they care about my measly single MM opinion, but maybe if some of you 2-5 MMs wrote?

Last edited by CarmenOM; Mar 6, 2019 at 1:57 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I am so kicking myself for not ordering the Tumi carry-on last year. It was only available for a short while. The small bags they are offering now are an insult. Dang.
CO-PLAT likes this.

Last edited by MinnTee; Mar 6, 2019 at 9:18 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.