Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by mot29
I ordered my 2MM gift on Feb 19 -- selected the Tumi V3 international. Arrived on Feb 26. I got around to opening the box today -- looks nice and is pretty light. Will "test" pack it with my normal travel load and then decide whether to keep or sell.
I've been doing all my traveling (including a 5 week trip that went to Vietnam and Australia in August, so summer and winter) with an e-bags Weekender Convertible that I paid $79 for in 2011. (Ebags replaced has replaced it twice, lifetime warranty -- once because a handle was ripped by the airlines, once because a seam ripped on the inside.) No wheels but that keeps me packing light.
So I need to decide if I really want to have wheeled luggage. I still have the Hartmann that I got when I hit 1 MM -- maybe used it once, but it isn't a carry on.
I doubt I'll make it to 3MM.
I was thinking about selecting that gift. Please let us know what you think about it!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL-DM, MM, Marriott Titanium Elite
Hit the Million-Miler-Milestone!

Hit Million Miler today! Leaning towards the Hartmann InnoVaire but the TUMI V3 is also appealing. Let me know if anyone has either and any good/bad feedback.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I chose the Hartman bag. It's good quality and glides nicely but I like my Costco carryon better. The suitor on this isn't very good and it snaps in at the bottom of the bag. I like my Costco carryon because the suitor zips in the lid and it makes it a lot more convenient if I land from a redeye on a flight and want to take a shower at the airport, the way the suitor is on this bag it would mean unpacking the bag if I have something in the suitor I want to wear.

It is also a little too big to fit in the bins on some RJ's.

This is a nice bag if you are only travelling for a few days and don't need the suitor.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I took the Tumi V3 for the light-weight as my 2MM gift, although the Innovaire may be about the same.
I took a Hartmann for my 1MM gift -- nice bag, but heavy and not a carry on.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Current 2MM options:

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM+, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Current 2MM options:

Just hit 2MM on Tuesday. All are still available except for the TumiV3 rollerboard. This is not on the option list anymore.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Just got 1MM last night!

It would be cool to get 2MM in my lifetime but it will be cutting it close.

Here are the gifts that were offered to me.

Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
I was about to choose my gift for 2MM. I don't see the Tumi roller bag anymore. It was there last time I checked a few months ago.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
TUMI suitcase was eliminated as an option for 1MM awhile back, and I've been waiting for it to return. Looking back, I wished that I had selected my gift when I had the chance. I'm hoping that it gets refreshed and there's another rollaboard offered soon.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: DL
MM mileage instead of gift cut in half

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
TUMI suitcase was eliminated as an option for 1MM awhile back, and I've been waiting for it to return. Looking back, I wished that I had selected my gift when I had the chance. I'm hoping that it gets refreshed and there's another rollaboard offered soon.
They've also just degraded the miles offered from 40k to 20k as well for non USA residents - so I agree, wish I'd redeemed a few years back when the Tumi was still available OR last year when 40k miles were available - disappointing how they keep making MM less and less rewarding
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I hit 1MM last night. What happens next —- an email or snail mail from Delta? My Delta account has already updated. I’ve earned only about 15K MQM so far this year but am now listed as Silver for 2020. Any word on the most recent gift offering? Although my SM account page shows the updated status I am still not able to access the gift page.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Mar 5, 2019 at 10:07 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:07 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Congrats!

Just go here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-miler.html

Login, and see if your account has been updated to MM status. You should be offered gift choices if it's been processed.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Congrats!

Just go here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-miler.html

Login, and see if your account has been updated to MM status. You should be offered gift choices if it's been processed.
My account has been updated but the update hasn’t reached the gift page yet. I’ll wait a few hours. I’m hoping the Tumi backpack is still an option.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
… I’m hoping the Tumi backpack is still an option.
It was in November.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, MM
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

My account has been updated but the update hasn’t reached the gift page yet. I’ll wait a few hours. I’m hoping the Tumi backpack is still an option.
I hit MM in late January and ordered the backpack, so it was still an option a month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.