Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Be thankful you get to choose anything. When I hit 1MM - too many years ago - I was sent some 1MM note paper and a 1MM logo embossed leather portfolio cover.
I still have the latter and some of the former.

It was a magnanimous offering.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I hit MM in 2012, I think...and sat on it because at the time the gifts were (as a remember them) either Hartmann stuff or Tiffanys. There may have been a relatively modest mileage or gift card option.

I figured that the offer wouldn't expire and bided my time.

In 2014 I saw a Tumi carry-on and cashed in for it...it's held up pretty well (aside from a wheel that came off early in the first year. We took it to an NYC Tumi store and they fixed it, no questions asked).

I will hit 2MM in a few weeks...based on what I am seeing in this post I will probably sit on the offer again and wait until better offers come up. Possibly risky, but I hope that a 2MM who cashes it in a few years later won't have problems while I wait for something more useful.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM 1MM Aug 2011-Present | Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Hey all - circling back on this. I spoke with the SkyClub lead in Tampa and she contacted some folks in Elite Services. I guess my timing was perfect, as she noted the options for 1MM had been updated - see image!

Unfortunately, the Tumi International Expandable 2 Wheeled Carry-On is not an option for me - wondering if others have different options? I'm thinking I may just grab this Tumi V3 International spinner, sell it, and put that money toward a Briggs & Riley Baseline Carry-On. I really like the look and function of that B&R bag...

-Rob

Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Hmm...still have this option:
Delta Air Lines

Please select the gift of bonus miles
40,000 bonus miles deposited into your SkyMiles account

Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Any thoughts on the Hartmann hard side -- weight is only 4.3 lbs vs 7.3 lbs for the Tumi. The Hartmann isn't expandable either.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I just hit MM on Monday and the option for the 40K skymiles isn't there It was a choice between a few Hartman bags, a couple pieces of Tiffany jewelry or a couple Tumi bags.

I wish they gave a better description of the bags or least a part number. The one Hartman bag that I found on Amazon that sounds like the bag that is available has the garment suiter bag for shirts which is something I want and I don't want to order that bag and risk it being a different suitcase.

I guess I'm not out anything ordering the hartman bag and if I don't like it just regifting it.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Glad to know that theres a TUMI rollaboard option for hitting 1MM. I was really hoping to get the TegraLite when it was still available. I cant tell whether the current offer is a step down and perhaps not as good quality compared to the TegraLite. A part of me also wonders if I should just snag the TUMI rollaboard now I worry that DL might take away the option again.

Then again, I wonder whether DL will be add additional TUMI rollaboards in the coming months.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:37 am
k2

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I just hit MM on Monday and the option for the 40K skymiles isn't there It was a choice between a few Hartman bags, a couple pieces of Tiffany jewelry or a couple Tumi bags.

I wish they gave a better description of the bags or least a part number. The one Hartman bag that I found on Amazon that sounds like the bag that is available has the garment suiter bag for shirts which is something I want and I don't want to order that bag and risk it being a different suitcase.

I guess I'm not out anything ordering the hartman bag and if I don't like it just regifting it.
I picked the Hatmann Ratio global (the black one) for my 2MM about a month ago - it's like you describe, it has a small garment insert that works for 3-4 shirts. The bag is nice - quality construction and it glides well. I've been able to jam 6 days of clothes in it. But I'd hardly call it expandable - it has an expandable zipper, which doesn't seem to make much of a difference. FWIW the other Hartmann (hard sided) and Tumi carry-ons weren't available when I made my selection.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Looks like my excitement to hit 2MM (which is probably still 3-4 years away at my current rate) is a bit misplaced. I guess I'll have to remind myself of my backrow middle seat experience when I hit 1MM. At least I got a Tumi rollerboard while they had it...
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by k2
I picked the Hatmann Ratio global (the black one) for my 2MM about a month ago - it's like you describe, it has a small garment insert that works for 3-4 shirts. The bag is nice - quality construction and it glides well. I've been able to jam 6 days of clothes in it. But I'd hardly call it expandable - it has an expandable zipper, which doesn't seem to make much of a difference. FWIW the other Hartmann (hard sided) and Tumi carry-ons weren't available when I made my selection.
thanks Thats what I ordered. Sucks its not expandable but most of my trips re four day so should work for me
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:21 pm

Hit million miles earlier today and already picked my gift. I had the same options as posted above. Chose the Tumi Alpha Bravo Sheppard Backpack. Don't ever use carry on luggage, and selling seemed like a waste and a hassle. Lets see how a $450 backpack compares to my OGIO one.

No mile option, but then again, miles is one thing Im not short of.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:45 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rory hester
hit million miles earlier today

Congrats!!!
Seabilly likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heads up for anyone that is considering the Hartmann bag. I choose the Hartmann Global option a few weeks ago and received a snail mail letter yesterday from Hartmann stating it is out of stock until June 1 and they are offering me a similar domestic glider (sku 75199.0651) instead with a number and email for someone at Hartmann to contact. this bag looks similar but is a little bigger (I would think a global bag would be bigger than a domestic). The hartmann rep said the big is identical but just a little bigger and meets domestic carry on limits but not international limits (I don't see myself having a problem flying international with Delta with it) and the ship time is fast, they are fed exing it friday.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Feb 21, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I ordered my 2MM gift on Feb 19 -- selected the Tumi V3 international. Arrived on Feb 26. I got around to opening the box today -- looks nice and is pretty light. Will "test" pack it with my normal travel load and then decide whether to keep or sell.
I've been doing all my traveling (including a 5 week trip that went to Vietnam and Australia in August, so summer and winter) with an e-bags Weekender Convertible that I paid $79 for in 2011. (Ebags replaced has replaced it twice, lifetime warranty -- once because a handle was ripped by the airlines, once because a seam ripped on the inside.) No wheels but that keeps me packing light.
So I need to decide if I really want to have wheeled luggage. I still have the Hartmann that I got when I hit 1 MM -- maybe used it once, but it isn't a carry on.
I doubt I'll make it to 3MM.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:19 pm

What exactly does "annual" medallion status mean?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.