Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any IAD Lounge Access When Flying Domestic Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any IAD Lounge Access When Flying Domestic Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I asked about the re-opening date at the AF check-in recently and they said "No Clue, still working..."
Maybe the same people building metro's silver line are doing the AF lounge reno...
SDQBound and dmarge18 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Bumping this thread. AF IAD lounge access is no longer available for domestic DL flights regardless of capacity issues. I tried to gain access today when it was virtually empty as a PM/Elite Plus but the lady said access is only granted if flying internationally. A domestic DL flight connecting to a same-day international ST/DL flight is also acceptable. DL needs to update their website.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Bumping this thread. AF IAD lounge access is no longer available for domestic DL flights regardless of capacity issues. I tried to gain access today when it was virtually empty as a PM/Elite Plus but the lady said access is only granted if flying internationally. A domestic DL flight connecting to a same-day international ST/DL flight is also acceptable. DL needs to update their website.
Nothing new here. Lounge access on domestic flights for ST Elite+ has always been granted only when in connection to/from international. This rule has never changed.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Nothing new here. Lounge access on domestic flights for ST Elite+ has always been granted only when in connection to/from international. This rule has never changed.
Last year I was able to access the AF lounge at IAD with a flight to ATL several times and the DL website doesn’t note any restrictions.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Last year I was able to access the AF lounge at IAD with a flight to ATL several times and the DL website doesn’t note any restrictions.
But with what kind of credentials did you access it ? A SkyClub membership ? other ?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
STE+ access has always required same day international flight.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Yes, by default the location finder simply lists all known lounge locations without any regard for restrictions. You have to pick an item from "Select Membership or Ticket Type" to see which lounges are applicable for that particular type of access credential.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:59 am

If you had a SkyClub Membership you used to be able to access AF/KL domestic lounges, but that ended Jan 1st, 2019.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:43 am
Original Poster

So when flying DL domestically, is the only access to the AF IAD lounge by a premium credit card other than the Amex Reserve card?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
So when flying DL domestically, is the only access to the AF IAD lounge by a premium credit card other than the Amex Reserve card?
Yes. Priority pass or credit card are only options.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Priority pass or credit card are only options.
Which credit cards work? AmEx regular Plat/Centurion charge cards? Anything else?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

I miss the pre 2018 days when I could access the AF lounge with my SC membership. I commute to IAD weekly and it is painful not having a lounge. I have the Reserve card and don’t want to pay for another high-end card.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Which credit cards work? AmEx regular Plat/Centurion charge cards? Anything else?
You cannot use a credit card alone to access (unless you are using it to pay for the fee). You can use the Priority Pass membership associated to many different cards (Amex, Chase, Citi, most international premium cards) but access is not granted four hours preceding the departure of the first AF flight and the KL flight until the flight has boarded. When AF has two flights (Summer and it seems that this winter will be the case as well), Priority Pass access ends 4 hours before the first flight departure (2:00 pm) and does not resume after the last flight departs.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I miss the pre 2018 days when I could access the AF lounge with my SC membership. I commute to IAD weekly and it is painful not having a lounge. I have the Reserve card and don’t want to pay for another high-end card.
If you commute weekly, maybe you can benefit from a paid Priority Pass membership and use the Turkish lounge, which in my opinion has a very decent food/drinks selection. Additionally, you can use the membership to get food at Chef Geoffs in concourse C.

The PP membership also gets you in the VS and BA lounges in the morning but the food they have is limited to various snacks and packed sandwiches.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The $95/year Hilton Honors Surpass Amex card comes with an annual 10 free visit Priority Pass Select membership -- https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...onors-surpass/
Also includes a free weekend night and comp Hilton Gold status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.