Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When will EBPs be available for more international tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

Tomorrow I do OKC-ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL. DL app said no EBP because there were four segments. I purchased this D1 ticket from DL by phone.

I used the web to print boarding passes and could not even a print BP for VA SYD-AKL. I use the VA confirmation number in the VA app and it says no EBP because the flight is actually on AirNZ.

Why is it such an IT challenge to at least give me EBPs for the three segments on DL metal? Even when there is a visa issue resolved by the DL ticket counter, IT still does not release EBPs and I am stuck with paper BPs.

I am long past wanting to use paper due to the convenience of EBPs in my iW. Any hope that DL's IT will find a solution in my lifetime?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did you try to do OLCI on the NZ website with your NZ PNR?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I recommend paper, anyway - presumably, anyone posting on FlyerTalk cares about mileage crediting, and it’s much easier to fix missing mileage issues if you have a paper record of your trip. It also makes various things from travel document checking to lounge access easier - you can’t hand your phone over to a lounge attendant to join a shower queue, for example!

The better question might be why Delta hasn’t introduced multi-leg boarding passes on a single boarding card, like many other airlines issue. Northwest used to do it way back when, and there have been persistent rumors it might return - would be a nice way to save on clutter.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you try to do OLCI on the NZ website with your NZ PNR?
DL gave me the VA code which failed on the VA app and does not work on the NZ app. I wonder if I must call VA or NZ to get the correct code?

Edited to say I called VA and it is their aircraft from SYD to AKL (not NZ) but I cannot get an EBP prior to arriving at LAX since the early segments are all on DL.

Last edited by Xeno; Nov 24, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenA
I recommend paper, anyway - presumably, anyone posting on FlyerTalk cares about mileage crediting, and it’s much easier to fix missing mileage issues if you have a paper record of your trip. It also makes various things from travel document checking to lounge access easier - you can’t hand your phone over to a lounge attendant to join a shower queue, for example!

The better question might be why Delta hasn’t introduced multi-leg boarding passes on a single boarding card, like many other airlines issue. Northwest used to do it way back when, and there have been persistent rumors it might return - would be a nice way to save on clutter.
I know EBPs are a personal preference but DL has been giving these to us for a few years now so why not perfect the process?

Using EBPs has not been a problem with getting MQMs and RDMs with an average of 7-8 countries a year. I also find lounge check-in quicker using my iW, at least for DL lounges in the USA.

I got a single boarding card with multiple passes many from AF the other day, if my memory is to be trusted.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Xeno
DL gave me the VA code which failed on the VA app and does not work on the NZ app. I wonder if I must call VA or NZ to get the correct code?
Yup. I'm a little surprised that the VA code doesn't work on the NZ site since VA and NZ are close partners. Are you sure it's the VA code? If you view the reservation on the VA site using the record locator DL gave you, does it actually show a different record locator? If so, try that one with VA.

I don't know of any airline that can issue an electronic boarding pass for a partner-operated flight (except DL Connection and the like where the marketing airline handles ticketing and has their name painted on the side). Do you?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
Yup. I don't know of any airline that can issue an electronic boarding pass for a partner-operated flight (except DL Connection and the like where the marketing airline handles ticketing and has their name painted on the side). Do you?
I always have trouble with EBPs when another airline flies one segment so my original question why not give me EBPs for the DL metal segments? The secondary question is about getting an EBP for the secondary carrier's segment which going to Europe is usually not a problem.

Last edited by Xeno; Nov 24, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ashill
Yup. I'm a little surprised that the VA code doesn't work on the NZ site since VA and NZ are close partners. Are you sure it's the VA code? If you view the reservation on the VA site using the record locator DL gave you, does it actually show a different record locator? If so, try that one with VA.

I don't know of any airline that can issue an electronic boarding pass for a partner-operated flight (except DL Connection and the like where the marketing airline handles ticketing and has their name painted on the side). Do you?
correct no EBP when OAL is also on reservation. Haven't seen this on any airline.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
My wife and I fly this route every year for the past 6+ years (CHA being the originating airport, but the remaining segments the same)

Not being a huge fan of EPBs, I've not noticed that their not available for many segmented flights with OAL involved.
But I'm pretty sure, that once we hit SYD on the return, being DL metal the remaining segments, my wife pulled up EPBs on her phone for the rest of the way home.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I do AKL-SYD on a separate from SYD...OKC so the return flights are not a problem. However, I keep forgetting to reach for the paper rather than just laying down my iWatch. At least glad the OKC gave me a BP for SYD-AKL which should help with the transit at SYD.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:40 am

SYD transit is easy...as long as your baggage is checked all the way through to AKL.

Just make the correct turn, you'll go through another security check, then upstairs to airside concourse.

Skyteam lounge is down by gate 24, but you can use it until your return (as I don't know of any Skyteam member that fly to AKL?)

The Amex lounge is right next door, simpler and smaller, but decent.
Amex has no showers, but they will give you access to Skyteam showers via elevators by bathroom.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the practical information that will guide me not many hours from now. My luggage is checked all the way.

I am VA biz SYD-AKL so I will want to go to the NZ lounge which I think is near gate 59. I was in this lounge two years ago and liked it.

I am anxious to see how smartgate works at AKL then a few days later at SYD.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I'm old school, I like the paper boarding passes. I miss the days when they printed it on good quality paper and put them into Boarding pass jackets or sleeves, whatever they were called. It was nice to save them, but now they're printed on what feels like receipt paper.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BHammy
SYD transit is easy...as long as your baggage is checked all the way through to AKL.

Just make the correct turn, you'll go through another security check, then upstairs to airside concourse.

Skyteam lounge is down by gate 24, but you can use it until your return (as I don't know of any Skyteam member that fly to AKL?)

The Amex lounge is right next door, simpler and smaller, but decent.
Amex has no showers, but they will give you access to Skyteam showers via elevators by bathroom.
CI flies SYD-AKL soon TPE-AKL MU PVG-AKLand CZ CAN-CHC
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
CI flies SYD-AKL soon TPE-AKL MU PVG-AKLand CZ CAN-CHC
Good to know - although China Airlines flights to AKL connect in BNE, therefore leave out of the domestic terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.