Wiki Posts
Search

SLC-HNL/HNL-SLC in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
SLC-HNL/HNL-SLC in J

It has been well over a year since I have flown these routes. Will be doing so once again in early December.Has anyone flown these routes recently and know if in either or both direction they are providing the Westin pillow and blanket?I recall them being provided in One Direction but not the other the last time I flew it. If anyone has flown it recently, I greatly appreciate your clarification.Thanks much! And, happy Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Can't speak from first hand experience (the flight is far too short to get any meaningful sleep so I avoid these routes), but if the aircraft is the 767 with 1-2-1 standard J config or A330, then the probability is high that you will get the normal/typical blanket and pillow for the aircraft. However, if it's one of the days that still has the ancient 767 with the uncomfortable 2-2-2 slight domestic "F" recliners, then for sure you are not going to get that. So, look at the aircraft on the days of flight you are looking at. The last few months it literal varies day by day. Can be one day A330, next day 767 with 1-2-1 lie-flat J, next day 767 with 2-2-2 domestic F, next day 767 with 1-2-1 J, then A330 again, and so on. You have to be careful of the specific date you book the flight to get the quality aircraft, and even then there is a real risk it may be subbed out for inferior "F" slight recliners with no compensation provided.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
SLC-HNL is on a A330 for the winter season. The A330 in J is excellent but to answer your question since SLC-HNL isn't a D1 route I would just expect the normal FC blanket and small pillow.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Coincidentally I’m flying HNL-SLC next week in A330 in J, but last year on HNL-LAX in 767 with D1 cabin, there were regular FC pillow & blanket.

btw. this 757 flying on LAX-SJC has wifi even above pacific (which is where I am right now), is that new?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
We flew this route on the A-330 this year and had the Westin bedding in both directions. Champagne, mimosas and Mai Tais were served before takeoff, but they also would let you order any other drinks before takeoff (since it's not an international flight). Food was definitely domestic first class though.

Overall a very nice ride. We skipped the "dinner" on the way back and put the seat into a bed right after takeoff and slept all the way to SLC. Got some pretty decent sleep. The A330 is so much better than the domestic 767; I wish they had it year round.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Coincidentally I’m flying HNL-SLC next week in A330 in J, but last year on HNL-LAX in 767 with D1 cabin, there were regular FC pillow & blanket.

btw. this 757 flying on LAX-SJC has wifi even above pacific (which is where I am right now), is that new?
You're probably close enough to the that you'd get wifi signal anyway, or it's a plane with the 2ku wifi which is satellite based and it won't matter if you're overland. The A330 to HNL has the 2ku satellite wifi and internet the whole way.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Smile

Thanks--if you think of it after your flight this week, please post whether the Westin bedding was available. I fly it to HNL on the 2nd and return on the 5th of Jan.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Sjondorn, am wondering if you made your trip to HNL and could report on availability of the Westin bedding SLC-HNL-SLC??

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
I flew HNL-SLC on Saturday night and can confirm the presence of Westin DeltaOne bedding on that flight. Eastbound, I connected over MSP and they definitely had it as well. Strong tailwind....our HNLSLC was 5:02 wheels up to wheels down.

HJ is incorrect. DL has the 330 scheduled throughout the winter on SLC the 76P is not scheduled to make any appearances on this route for the scheduled future....which surprises me. Short enough flight where the 76P seems fully adequate.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Flew this route Sunday night. 330 was nice up front. Full Westin blanket and pillow, no amenity kit. They offered a dinner service but I declined and slept. Fast flight as we had a big tailwind. Also, they have moved the lounge since the last time I was in HNL. It was downstairs and small/dark. Now right across from gate 13 much better.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Glad to know the Westin bedding is Used from Honolulu to Salt Lake City.Anyone know if it’s being used from Salt Lake City to Honolulu?Yes, the new lounge is certainly an improvement over the downstairs dark and dreary lounge. Thanks all for your reports.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I also can confirm Westin blanket and pillow on HNL-SLC. First time on the DL 330, great seat.

Crew (with one exception) was awful though. Very senior. Reminded me of a bad UA crew. Spent most of the flight chatting in the galley and/or with the three FAs who somehow managed to get seated in F despite the cabin being fully booked for over a week.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
Thanks--if you think of it after your flight this week, please post whether the Westin bedding was available. I fly it to HNL on the 2nd and return on the 5th of Jan.
Just flew HNL-SLC in A330 - Westin bedding was available and you got proper headset, food service was FC as far as I noticed (wasn’t eating though).

Hope there’ll be more opportunities for A330 to HNL in the future
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Just flew HNL-SLC in A330 - Westin bedding was available and you got proper headset, food service was FC as far as I noticed (wasn’t eating though).

Hope there’ll be more opportunities for A330 to HNL in the future
THANKS! Did you also fly SLC-HNL--if so did they have the Westin bedding?

Yes, the 330 is great (after the 747!!). I'm lookin forward to my flight to HNL through SLC on Saturday
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
THANKS! Did you also fly SLC-HNL--if so did they have the Westin bedding?

Yes, the 330 is great (after the 747!!). I'm lookin forward to my flight to HNL through SLC on Saturday
I flew it just this way (was ok with normal FC for my day flight to LIH).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.