Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
GUC Struggles (Delta Agents)

within 1 hr of departure I see my ex NRT flights go from
# 1 of 4 seats remaining
#1 of 3 seats remaining
#1 of 2 seats remaining
#1 of 1 seat remaining
#1 of 0 seats remaining

I wondered how passengers were skipping ahead of me on my GUC as a Diamond member

When I boarded I noticed 1 empty business seat and asked the Gate Agent to clear me into the empty seat
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wlau
I then speak to the GA and ask why I haven't been activated if there are 14 open and her reply - we have a lot of non-rev employees and their families on this flight... The story is very consistent, time after time.
Oh boy..... 🙄
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by wlau
I then speak to the GA and ask why I haven't been activated if there are 14 open and her reply - we have a lot of non-rev employees and their families on this flight... The story is very consistent, time after time.
Did you report these incidents to Delta? What was their reply?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:02 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
He didn't report it because it didn't happen
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pvn
He didn't report it because it didn't happen
LOL. So true! If a GA said that with me to a straight face - I would ask them for a RedCoat/OSM/Station Manager and see if they will repeat that line, also with a straight face, to said management.

Any DM would be insane to fly as much as we do, hear that a basically free ticket is ahead of a paying customer with an UG instrument, and not escalate it before a 10+ hour flight to get it taken care of right then and there at the gate.
golfr likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Interesting when airlines value those flying for free over those who paid in the first place...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by anbhc
within 1 hr of departure I see my ex NRT flights go from
# 1 of 4 seats remaining
#1 of 3 seats remaining
#1 of 2 seats remaining
#1 of 1 seat remaining
#1 of 0 seats remaining

I wondered how passengers were skipping ahead of me on my GUC as a Diamond member

When I boarded I noticed 1 empty business seat and asked the Gate Agent to clear me into the empty seat
Did you ask where those 4 seats went? If yes, what was their reply?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Last year, I had my flights LAX-NRT-MNL clear with a GUC a few days before. Last year, I had my flight LAX-SYD clear about 5 days before on a GUC. It did show duplicate flight for Delta One, but no seat assigned. The fact that I got my upgrades makes me thinks that the way it is supposed to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.