Search

LAX terminal bus headway?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Location: Inland Empire, semi-regularly going between LAX/ONT/SNA and IND/STL
Programs: Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
LAX terminal bus headway?

Flying out of LAX Monday for the first time on Delta since the terminal move. How often to the T2/3/TBIT buses depart?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by BerenErchamion
Flying out of LAX Monday for the first time on Delta since the terminal move. How often to the T2/3/TBIT buses depart?
Turns out my onward flight was from TBIT. But when I asked the FA on my inbound to TBIT flight, she said: "we all just walk. it's much faster."
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
The buses depart pretty frequently. Every 10-15 minutes perhaps? However, if you're arriving at TBIT and clearing customs/immigration there I'm not sure you come out still inside the secure area. Just don't recall from my trip to Asia last month. If still inside the secure area, I'd take the bus rather than having to deal with security again which you would have to do if walking.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jalves
The buses depart pretty frequently. Every 10-15 minutes perhaps? However, if you're arriving at TBIT and clearing customs/immigration there I'm not sure you come out still inside the secure area. Just don't recall from my trip to Asia last month. If still inside the secure area, I'd take the bus rather than having to deal with security again which you would have to do if walking.
Flights entering the US require clearing a TSA security checkpoint to board an onward flight after customs and immigration.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: Inland Empire, semi-regularly going between LAX/ONT/SNA and IND/STL
Programs: Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by jalves
Right. I'm departing from LAX (not sure if T2 or T3 yet) and I plan on getting there plenty early and would prefer to wait (and eat) at Tom Bradley--it's so airy in there that it feels much less crowded, plus it's exciting watching the 380s and 747s come in and out from all over the world.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
Flights entering the US require clearing a TSA security checkpoint to board an onward flight after customs and immigration.
Thanks! I was pretty tired on returning from Asia and didn't recall the sequence.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I fly through LAX frequently and usually to/from TPAC flights.

1) Bus runs frequently between T2/T3/TBIT. HOWEVER, they can only load/unload one bus at a time, so you either queued in line to get onto the bus or queue in the bus in line of buses to get off. Be ready to sniff jet exhaust fume...for quite a while.
2) TBIT gate 133 is the only DL gate, so the bus to/from TBIT is lighter than the other and also seem to run less frequently unless it's heavy hours of DL connecting to ST partners.
3) Flight to Japan are done at TBIT 133 but flights to China like Shanghai are done out of T2/T3. After the move, I think all the international arrival is at TBIT, so you clear custom there and recheck your bag then if you have it, then walk out of TBIT and turned left and walk some more until you get to T2 (or T3) and reclear TSA like you are a domestic passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.