Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Learning / Irritating Experience with Delta Twitter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Learning / Irritating Experience with Delta Twitter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by audidudi
When travelling outside the US, I have always used Skype if I have needed to call DL. Doesn't cost anything!
Great idea, I completely forgot about that. I should stay in the US for the rest of the year now... hopefully.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
My interactions were with *TCC. And then they abruptly left mid-issue only for someone else to come back 7 hours later to try and mess everything up again. I love doing stuff online, and agree the original DeltaAssist years ago was the best, but at this point looks like it may still be better to call.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:54 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Anyone tried using @Delta today? I'm guessing they're still pretty swamped, it's been a couple of hours with no response (totally non-critical issue so I'm not really worried about it)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I have used Delta on Twitter multiple times. I've only had one bad experience with them, and that was on my most recent flight where they were consistently unable to answer my questions. I wasn't asking for absolute, written in stone answers. I was asking general questions based on a location and a specific flight.

So far I still prefer using them.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by pvn
Anyone tried using @Delta today? I'm guessing they're still pretty swamped, it's been a couple of hours with no response (totally non-critical issue so I'm not really worried about it)
Yes, they're radio silent as of late......but obviously they're swamped with the weather this weekend. I just wrote them and said: forget it (to my original request for help), I've figured this out on my own. They finally replied much later apologizing.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
DL Twitter is good at SDC and perfunctory questions about waitlists, but more complex stuff is bad and lately results in a "please call". Also, the first letter is the tier of service (I think H is the highest) towards which you are directed so if you are PM/DM the initials should start with H and then the last two letters are their real initials. I asked once. Maybe there is a higher tier than H but IDK, that's what they told me.

I had a bad experience this weekend with Twitter that ultimately ended up OK. I was on a MR and we had a medical on the MSP>LAX on Friday night and had to go back to the gate. I was worried about my connection in LAX and DM'd them on Twitter once I got on GoGo mid-flight. We made up a lot of time in the air so it was a moot point, but they never replied. Then, on Saturday, I was in the air on MSP>LAS and got an email about my connection to LAS>SLC being delayed which would cause me to miss my final flight of SLC>ORD. It was a big deal because I would have to overnight in SLC or LAS and get home nearly 16 hours later or take another red-eye from LAS with an 8 hour layover I was really tired from the MR and didn't want either option, especially since they all would get me home 14-18 hours late.

There was 1 option that would get me home "only" 2 hours late, LAS>MSP>ORD. But, there was only 1 seat left on LAS>MSP and it was in F and they were still selling it. First, she said that they wouldn't put me on stand-by because "I can't place you on standby because you won't have a back up if it doesn't clear. *HNW" which made no sense to me. I then sent a pretty impassioned plea about the 3 nights already this year that DL has made me be in the wrong city and I just wanted to get home. My ticket had some level of corruption and the rebooking engine wouldn't work for me. I pointed out that in the past, with IRROPS, the rebooking engine would rebook into the premium cabin but I was fine with a Y seat, I just wanted to get home that day and it doesn't seem right to have a plane with 1 open seat but make me overnight somewhere. It took a solid 45 minutes of waiting (she posted updates every ~10 minutes) but I did get rebooked into the F seat. I didn't demand the F seat but I do think they should have gotten me on that flight and it's a limitation in their system that they couldn't move someone into F and give me that Y seat.

Anyway, the moral of that is that they are limited but if you do resist you can maybe make some headway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.