Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yep. Then came the infamous Crown Lounge room slaughter.
Well the economy seems much healthier now. Hope Delta continues to view SCs as a profitable differentiator and adds more cities. Super excited about PHX.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
Me TOO! I go to PHX 9 times a year! SOON!!!
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Seem unpopular accesss policy change requiring flight segment from its own airline or partner flight, first announced from DL SkyClub has lead to similar policy change to the other two, effective Nov 1, 2019. AA announced restrictive lounge access policy on Oct 18, 2018, UA on November 6, 2018. Both will be effective Nov 1, 2019. DL policy change is effective Jan 1, 2019.

Any successful class-action fight from DL, UA, and AA lifetime member would definitely change or break the course for implementation.....Am hopeful someone will be successful in fighting this.

Jiburi
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I'm not a lawyer, but would definitely be interested in joining such a class action lawsuit myself!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I suspect that lifetime membership carries a similar clause to their boilerplate "We can change the rules whenever we want and you have to accept and live with the changes". So, a lawsuit would likely go nowhere since Delta can change whatever rule they want whenever they want with impunity.

From the Delta Sky Club House Rules page - "Delta Sky Club members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or House Rules." House Rules include access restrictions related to boarding passes.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Paplover
I suspect that lifetime membership carries a similar clause to their boilerplate "We can change the rules whenever we want and you have to accept and live with the changes". So, a lawsuit would likely go nowhere since Delta can change whatever rule they want whenever they want with impunity.

From the Delta Sky Club House Rules page - "Delta Sky Club members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or House Rules." House Rules include access restrictions related to boarding passes.
Maybe. I believe that language could have been absent at the time of membership for a few, some or all of the members. If so, I believe there is case. "

This access policy change is bigger now, now that all legacy carriers are going along with DL. With DL members impacted first, AA and UA lifetime members will be monitoring this thread for progress. Am hoping we can come together for all life-ers out there.

Jiburi
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Paplover

Sounds about right
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's NW's disclaimer which is available on archive.org --

"Use of all WorldClubs facilities is subject to the rules and conditions set by Northwest Airlines, which are subject to change at any time.

Northwest Airlines reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, benefits, services, hours of operation, policies and locations at any time with or without written notice to its members."
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by LBJ

"Use of all WorldClubs facilities is subject to the rules and conditions set by Northwest Airlines, which are subject to change at any time.

Northwest Airlines reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, benefits, services, hours of operation, policies and locations at any time with or without written notice to its members."
Grr. Looks like Delta wins round one. Hmmm....

Jiburi
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:49 am

Something about this thread reminds me of a scene from the movie Liar, Liar:
Fletcher: You scratched my car!
Impound Guy: Where?
Fletcher: [showing him] Right there!
Impound Guy: Oh. That was already there.
Fletcher: You... you liar! You know what I'm going to do about this?
Impound Guy: What?
Fletcher: Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain eight hours out of my life and you probably won't show up, and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway. So what I'm gonna do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!
Impound Guy: You've been here before, haven't ya?
spamkiller likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by LBJ

What if they changed the hours of operation to, say, 11A-Noon ....only one hour each day and they eliminated all food and beverage. Would the disclaimers above cover them in a lawsuit? Hmmmm. Not sure but I bet it would be open to interpretation by a judge!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeystl
What if they changed the hours of operation to, say, 11A-Noon ....only one hour each day and they eliminated all food and beverage. Would the disclaimers above cover them in a lawsuit? Hmmmm. Not sure but I bet it would be open to interpretation by a judge!
Classic strawman device. Create a ridiculous scenario that will never happen and then attack that. What would be the point even if enforceable? No one would renew their memberships and there would be mass Amex card cancellations (which DL would be powerless to prevent) likely leading to a massive Amex lawsuit.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Nothing is to stop them. Just like nothing stops them from having to keep a club open.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
United is making the same change November 1, 2019. This really sucks since I like using the UA club passes I get with my Hyatt membership at LAS and it came in handy when the DC skyclub was closed on weekends earlier this year
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
United is making the same change November 1, 2019. This really sucks since I like using the UA club passes I get with my Hyatt membership at LAS and it came in handy when the DC skyclub was closed on weekends earlier this year
Very frustrating! I've used UA club passes in EWR when flying JetBlue which I now won't be able to do anymore
jamesteroh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.