Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Old Nov 16, 17, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikesyr18 View Post
Do airlines every improve the perks instead of taking them away or making them more expensive, ever?
They do but fortunately only when the economy sucks and fuel is expensive.
Old Nov 16, 17, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer View Post
What?! If true, this makes no sense. If I buy a SkyClub membership, I should be able to get into an SC whenever, not just when I'm flying DL.
united made this type of change 2 years ago and I dropped my membership. They are still overcrowded.
Old Nov 16, 17, 6:14 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Collierkr View Post
united made this type of change 2 years ago and I dropped my membership. They are still overcrowded.
Except, as has already been pointed out several times, they didn't.
Old Nov 16, 17, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Meh this is nothing. United did this what, two years ago? It affected me exactly zero times. How many times are you flying domestically NOT flying Delta? If you are flying someone else is there even DL club at that airport?

NOthing to see here folks, move along please.
As of two months ago you were able to enter the United Club being on a Delta flight. I get two united club passes a year as a Hyatt diamond benefit and another friend of mine who is a Hyatt diamond gives me his two and I haven't been on a united flight since 1989 and have no issues using them They are really convenient to use when flying Delta out of LAS and if I also like using them at ORD when I encounter a severe delay on Delta since the UA club is nicer than the ORD SC
Old Nov 16, 17, 7:12 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Pretty major devaluation with how I'm seeing it. Also a real poke in the eye for those in outstations with a limited DL presence. Take SFO for example. Big DL spender that needs/wants to fly nonstop to ORD? No lounge on either end for you.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Obviously I split my flying domestically between AA/DL, so this kinda sucks because if I am flying AA in an airport without an AC but there is a SC, I would use the SC. Did this at SFO when the LUS gates were still out of the DL terminal (not sure if that is still the case?).
Still the case at SFO.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 17, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Under the new rules, can a DM with a SC membership access the SC on arrival after arriving from a domestic flight? (For example, if I flew from ATL-SFO, would I be able to use the SFO SC even though I'm not flying onward to anywhere else?)
Old Nov 16, 17, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
Under the new rules, can a DM with a SC membership access the SC on arrival after arriving from a domestic flight? (For example, if I flew from ATL-SFO, would I be able to use the SFO SC even though I'm not flying onward to anywhere else?)
Go UVA Hoos! Lol
Old Nov 16, 17, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Is there a typo in the subject line? Is it suppose to be 1/1/2018 and not 1/1/19. If not why is Delta announcing this over a year in advance??????
Old Nov 16, 17, 8:58 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Is there a typo in the subject line? Is it suppose to be 1/1/2018 and not 1/1/19. If not why is Delta announcing this over a year in advance??????
One years’ notice means that people with annual memberships will at least have warning before they renew. I believe when UA started requiring same day boarding passes (on ANY airline) for the United Clubs, they also gave one years’ notice.
Old Nov 16, 17, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Go UVA Hoos! Lol
Wahoo-wa!
Old Nov 16, 17, 10:50 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Can we get around this by purchasing a refundable one way ticket on DL to get in then cancel the flight when you leave the lounge and all is good?
Old Nov 16, 17, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sanFF View Post
Can we get around this by purchasing a refundable one way ticket on DL to get in then cancel the flight when you leave the lounge and all is good?
Once here or there no issue. Multiple times and theyre likely to go after you. Search for the LH case regarding this.
Old Nov 17, 17, 12:15 am

Programs: Free agent
At least allow Executive members to use the club with any boarding pass as $745 is pretty steep compared to the competitors.
Old Nov 17, 17, 12:17 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by sanFF View Post
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Once here or there no issue. Multiple times and theyre likely to go after you. Search for the LH case regarding this.
I believe once this ridiculous policy goes into effect, it will result into people constantly booking refundable tickets and cancelling just to use the SC.
Old Nov 17, 17, 12:36 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah this is really annoying. I could see that this likely won't affect me tons, but still the changes don't seem to have a significant improvement with the overcrowding.

My take on the whole thing is that if you have a product people like (e.g. lounges) then build the capacity to the demand.

Search this Thread