Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by stc
In case it wasn't mentioned, Lifetime Skyclub Members still have access when flying ANY airline (not just DL or partners). I'm posting this here because I didn't realize this and was pleasantly surprised to stumble on it (https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/house-rules).
Yep, AA made the same exception while United seems not to be budging.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: Sky Miles Aadvantage United Mileage Plus Southwest Rapid Rewards
I don't know about AA and UA, but several of us DL Liletime members shared with Delta the original NW LIfetime offering materials. NW used to aggressively sell those LIfetime memberships when you entered the Top Flight Club (later renamed World Club). The option of using the club when flying any airline was a key feature in the sale. I don't know whether that was true with AA or UA.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:41 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by srockgibson
I don't know about AA and UA, but several of us DL Liletime members shared with Delta the original NW LIfetime offering materials. NW used to aggressively sell those LIfetime memberships when you entered the Top Flight Club (later renamed World Club). The option of using the club when flying any airline was a key feature in the sale. I don't know whether that was true with AA or UA.
Thank you very much for doing that.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by srockgibson
You used to be able to enter NW clubs even when you were not flying at all. DCA and SFO clubs were pre-security and you could still get to them post-9/11 without having a ticket. I bought a couple 3-year memberships I'm working through (currently on second one) that I purchased prior to changes requiring same-day DL flights. Guess I'm not important enough to get the grandfather treatment.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by stc
Thank you very much for doing that.
There's a small Facebook group of Delta Lifetime SkyClub members. The purpose is to make sure our interests are properly represented with Delta. If you're already on FB you might consider joining. Just search FB groups for: Delta SkyClub Lifetime Member Protest Group. Most people in the group bought their Lifetime memberships from Northwest, although there's a smattering from Western, Pan-Am and I believe even Republic.
stc likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
You used to be able to enter NW clubs even when you were not flying at all. DCA and SFO clubs were pre-security and you could still get to them post-9/11 without having a ticket. I bought a couple 3-year memberships I'm working through (currently on second one) that I purchased prior to changes requiring same-day DL flights. Guess I'm not important enough to get the grandfather treatment.
Yes, in the days before airport security, some corporate recruiters would reserve an Airline club lounge conference room in a hub city (Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Atlanta, Dallas, etc.) Then they would fly multiple candidates in and out of the hub and interview them in the Airline club lounge conference room. That way they didn't have to pay for candidate hotel stays or meals and they could be face-to-face with four or five candidates in a single day.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AA, chase ultimate rewards, hawaiian
Hello Guys,

i have 2 Amex Platinum Cards & will be trying to access DTW Skyclub on Nov 15th. Do you guys think if i add one of the cards to my wife's wallet she should also be able to get the skyclub access?
thanks
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:58 am

Certainly, she can use that card to pay the $29 guest fee.
synergistic likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Question

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Certainly, she can use that card to pay the $29 guest fee.

What $29 guest fee ?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:49 pm

An Amex Platinum member can bring in up to two guests into the Delta SkyClub guest fee at $29 a person per visit. (Fee goes up to $39 a person per visit in January 2020).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Slightly off topic but couldn't find the right message board nor did I want to start a new thread. I am about to become GM on delta this week and flying them SFO-SEA-ICN-SFO in a few weeks. Ticket is Main Cabin but is it right to assume I get sky club access throughout my whole trip to ICN and back? Will I have access at both SFO and SEA?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes, and yes. GM flying international in any cabin gets Sky Club access at the origin and all connecting points of that reservation.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fes426
Slightly off topic but couldn't find the right message board nor did I want to start a new thread. I am about to become GM on delta this week and flying them SFO-SEA-ICN-SFO in a few weeks. Ticket is Main Cabin but is it right to assume I get sky club access throughout my whole trip to ICN and back? Will I have access at both SFO and SEA?
You also get access at ICN to KE lounge as they're part of ST.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Thanks for the response guys
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
Elite plus flying to PUJ connecting ATL from SEA - will I get Sky Club access ?

Im flying SEA - ATL - PUJ in December and Im a Delta PM.

Will I get Sky Club access in SEA since the flight is to an international destination? Or will the stop over prevent that? When I fly to Asia I always have lounge access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.