Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vassoo
Actual message—-Thank you for speaking with me this afternoon. Unfortunately, our Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members will not be allowed into Air France, KLM, and Virgin Australian lounges. B...., we appreciate your business and your loyalty.
Doubling down on incorrect info from the same agent still doesn't make it true!

There is no reason why SkyTeam would kill this benefit when the other 2 major alliances all allow it still. Delta doesn't have sole say over the STE+ benefit - SkyTeam does and its still a published benefit not mentioned to change.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I hope you are right! I’ll see when I go thru AMS in February. Hopefully someone who flies internationally in January will post their experience.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are dozens of threads on this forum involving agents spreading misinformation and incorrect info. Delta just posted this a few days ago on the Sky Club news feed along with the most recent changes and it directly contradicts the agent.

"Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have SkyTeam Elite Plus Status and will continue to receive complimentary access to partner lounges when traveling on a Skyteam international flight or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight."

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/news-updates
BenA and Duke787 like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So could this be that if you are DM and flying KLM, you can access the KLM lounge per their Elite plus rules. But if you are flying Delta metal say AMS-JFK in coach you can no longer access the KLM lounge. I am really skeptical of this. The email I got just referenced Sky Club members.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
So could this be that if you are DM and flying KLM, you can access the KLM lounge per their Elite plus rules. But if you are flying Delta metal say AMS-JFK in coach you can no longer access the KLM lounge. I am really skeptical of this. The email I got just referenced Sky Club members.
No. STE+ lounge access is a ST wide requirement. Nothing is changing their Only thing changing is for those accessing via a SC membership.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have merged vassoo's thread into the prior SkyClub access changes thread by 355F1 after receiving a Report Bad Post message.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Mod
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:25 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by vassoo
Spoke with Delta agent today. Sky Team Elite members will not be allowed acess to KLM, Air France, and Virgin Aus. Clubs beginning 01/01/19 unless flying in business/first class. Another perk gone.
I am going to guess this same agent told you that you need same fare bucket availability to SDC on a paid first class fare, too.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I have merged vassoo's thread into the prior SkyClub access changes thread by 355F1 after receiving a Report Bad Post message.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Mod
That may be the original name of the "alert a mod" button but I don't think we should stigmatize such posts as "bad", just "mergeable"
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by redhawk
Fair enough, genuinely curious but appreciate the unintended outcomes. Deleted
Of course, the quote still has your question, which I think is quite reasonable. Given the rarity of what you're doing, I don't see any issues resulting.

I think something like a connection to/from a DL flight is more likely, and the same question would arise.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Good news for Lifetime SkyClub Members: According to the new access rules, "Lifetime members may continue to access the Club with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline." Hope AA and UA follow suit.
Tanic and jamesteroh like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Good news for Lifetime SkyClub Members: According to the new access rules, "Lifetime members may continue to access the Club with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline." Hope AA and UA follow suit.
Smart move. There can't be that many of those memberships floating around. Seems like a pointless fight for DL to start.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

A modest proposal:

DMs no longer get a SC membership as a choice benefit. Instead, they get can select "access" similar to a Reserve card.

Purchased SC memberships still get access when flying on other airlines. As things stand, there is zero motivation for someone to buy a membership vs getting a Reserve card.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
A modest proposal:

DMs no longer get a SC membership as a choice benefit. Instead, they get can select "access" similar to a Reserve card.

Purchased SC memberships still get access when flying on other airlines. As things stand, there is zero motivation for someone to buy a membership vs getting a Reserve card.
I use two sky choice benefits to get the executive membership. Of all of the choice benefit offerings, that is my go-to and of most value to me.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by FF524

I use two sky choice benefits to get the executive membership. Of all of the choice benefit offerings, that is my go-to and of most value to me.
You could continue to do this, but it still would just be access. Right now, DL has destroyed any motivation for people to buy club memberships, especially at the prices they charge.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by WWads
You could continue to do this, but it still would just be access. Right now, DL has destroyed any motivation for people to buy club memberships, especially at the prices they charge.
Yup, I didn’t renew my SC membership this time around because of all the changes, price increases, nonstop crowding and poor behavior from members/guests....the list goes on. Can’t believe people are paying “to relax” in that kind of atmosphere moving forward.
TheHorta likes this.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.