Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by C W
What is your source? I see nothing about this on any blog.
Originally Posted by hobbseltoff
The OP has incorrect info. You have to pay $30 now in addition to flying DL same-day.
You may be thinking Amex Delta Platinum. The Amex Platinum Charge Card is now a better deal than club membership or the reserve card. You get into most clubs with it, $200 airline credit and 5X membership points when using the airline portal.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Adding here since this is the more recent Sky Club posting. Am flying JFK-SEA today. From what I can tell, it appears that there is only one flight (the 7am-ish) sold as D1 and the rest sold as F flights. Even though the D1 page on delta.com says that JFK-SEA is a long haul transcon (Delta One and see the first blue link (Long Haul Domestic)) , I will not have access at JFK to the SkyClub - or do they still allow since its part of that link? Thanks.
If you bought a D1 ticket, you get access. If you bought a F ticket, you don't.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:33 am

Not sure if this is new. But at SEA-TAC skyclub and was told I can buy day pass but only if flying delta. Guess I’ll need to find a different way to spend my amex plat incidental fee.

Guess I’ll get gift cards again...

Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sung Sam
Not sure if this is new. But at SEA-TAC skyclub and was told I can buy day pass but only if flying delta. Guess I’ll need to find a different way to spend my amex plat incidental fee.

Guess I’ll get gift cards again...

Not true till Jan 1. Although they may be doing to alleviate crowding.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not true till Jan 1. Although they may be doing to alleviate crowding.
Incorrect. The requirement for flying Delta or partners when purchasing a Single Visit Pass is already in place.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/house-rules
  • A Single Visit Pass must be used in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on Delta Air Lines or its partner airlines.
It's been in the house rules for over 2 years (ever since they got rid of the day pass) --

https://web.archive.org/web/20151213...use-rules.html

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 17, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by spamkiller
You may be thinking Amex Delta Platinum. The Amex Platinum Charge Card is now a better deal than club membership or the reserve card. You get into most clubs with it, $200 airline credit and 5X membership points when using the airline portal.
For me the reserve card is a better deal than the Am Ex Platinum charge. But I use the MQM's and the companion first class certificate.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
So...I bought my lifetime WorldClubs membership in 2008 after Northwest emerged from bankruptcy, but before the Delta acquisition. At the time the terms and conditions did not say much about whether access could be restricted, aside from that I had to legally be able to access the club. (And I have proof of this.)

Wonder whether Delta will treat customers who bought lifetime memberships post-NWA bankruptcy differently than before. What about Western Airlines or Pan Am customers bought by pre-Ch11 Delta?

I'm not the litigious type, but this seems like it is a case of a company that experienced bankruptcy trying to avoid liabilities acquired post-bankruptcy.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
Incorrect. The requirement for flying Delta or partners when purchasing a Single Visit Pass is already in place.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/house-rules
  • A Single Visit Pass must be used in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on Delta Air Lines or its partner airlines.
It's been in the house rules for over 2 years (ever since they got rid of the day pass) --

https://web.archive.org/web/20151213...use-rules.html
It hasnt been enforced then. I've seen and know plenty of people to purchase one when not flying DL
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:11 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spamkiller
You get 5X Membership Rewards points even when buying direct from the airline; you don't have to use the Amex Travel portal.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL,AA,US,U,SW
Did not think about the Gold-or-higher SkyTeam Elite Plus as “overriding”. Good to know! Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LetsFlyISay
Did not think about the Gold-or-higher SkyTeam Elite Plus as “overriding”. Good to know! Thanks
Unfortunately, that won't get you into the IAD/IAH AF/KL clubs when flying domestically.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I'm trying to remember, but isn't this change more of a return to the way things used to be? I thought way back sometime in the Crown Room Club days you had to be flying Delta to be admitted......

David
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I'm trying to remember, but isn't this change more of a return to the way things used to be? I thought way back sometime in the Crown Room Club days you had to be flying Delta to be admitted......

David
Correct.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040619...ules/index.jsp
  • Crown Room facilities may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on Delta, Delta Connection® carriers, or Song™.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by LBJ
Correct.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040619...ules/index.jsp
  • Crown Room facilities may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on Delta, Delta Connection® carriers, or Song™.
wow...Delta offered lounges in far more cities in 2004.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

wow...Delta offered lounges in far more cities in 2004.
Yep. Then came the infamous Crown Lounge room slaughter.
DiverDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.