Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Old Jan 26, 18, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
A little OT but now that the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX in the same terminal as some Delta flights do skyclub members have access to the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX currently if flying Delta from LAX?
Old Jan 26, 18, 9:33 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
A little OT but now that the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX in the same terminal as some Delta flights do skyclub members have access to the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX currently if flying Delta from LAX?
No, Sky Club members aren't provided access VS Clubhouse locations. Gold and higher get access to US Clubhouse locations with a same-day ticket from the US to the UK when flying DL or VS metal.
Old Jan 26, 18, 9:38 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
IMHO...Now a waste of money...unless you get it as a perk.
Old Jan 26, 18, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
No, Sky Club members aren't provided access VS Clubhouse locations. Gold and higher get access to US Clubhouse locations with a same-day ticket from the US to the UK when flying DL or VS metal.
Thanks! That's what I thought.
Old Jan 26, 18, 11:32 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, HI Spire, SPG gold, Marriott Gold, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xiphoid76 View Post
Many times unfortunately for me. I live in a Delta hub - MSP, but work for the government and have to fly whatever contract they get for the cheapest which is frustratingly not Delta - about 1-2 times a month I fly non-Delta flights and have enjoyed the Sky Club lounge to get breakfast and relax before a flight. This is a deal breaker for me to end my membership
Get a platinum Amex (not Delta branded).It included access to SkyClub lounges. It also includes Priority Pass (access the PGA lounge at MSP) and access to Centurion Lounges plus the Escape lounge at MSP.
Old Jan 26, 18, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chrisny2 View Post
No they didn't. As someone who has had several TiVos with lifetime subscriptions, I've read upon each purchase that it's a subscription for the lifetime of the box.
They didn't disclose for the DirecTV TiVo's - maybe they did for standalones. Was a big issue back before DirecTV had their own DVRs and TiVo was the only DirecTV DVR solution...but I digress.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 18, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by puddinhead View Post

Get a platinum Amex (not Delta branded).It included access to SkyClub lounges. It also includes Priority Pass (access the PGA lounge at MSP) and access to Centurion Lounges plus the Escape lounge at MSP.
To be clear, Platinum Amex only provides access to SkyClub when flying Delta.
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
To be clear, Platinum Amex only provides access to SkyClub when flying Delta.
Which is also now true for a membership.. the only difference is that the membership gives you access to SkyClubs when flying on partner planes, but honestly the priority pass covers most international travel (if you're not already SkyTeam Elite+ from GM).
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by ethernal View Post
Which is also now true for a membership.. the only difference is that the membership gives you access to SkyClubs when flying on partner planes, but honestly the priority pass covers most international travel (if you're not already SkyTeam Elite+ from GM).
Agreed. Just wanted it to be clear for everyone.
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal View Post
But as long as the flyer is GM+ on Delta wouldn't they still have access to the skyclub is flying on a skyteam partner? If someone is going to invest $450 for a Skyclub membership chances are they are already flying enough to be at least gold anyway.
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
But as long as the flyer is GM+ on Delta wouldn't they still have access to the skyclub is flying on a skyteam partner? If someone is going to invest $450 for a Skyclub membership chances are they are already flying enough to be at least gold anyway.
That was my point. The only time that the SkyClub membership provides a relative benefit is if you are not a GM+ and flying on a partner airline. But, even if that is the case, the Priority Pass covers you 95% of the time. So it's difficult to find a use case where you fly enough to not make STE+ while also happen to fly enough and fly enough to airports that don't have PP lounges.
Old Jan 26, 18, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Maybe Delta is doing this in an effort to get people to signup for the Reserve Card/Amex Platinum Card.

They very well might get more money from Amex than club memberships...
Old Jan 26, 18, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by trouble747 View Post
OK I guess but...wait what was your point again?
i donít remember. Just got off a redyeye and couldnít use the club to get coffee 😎
Old Jan 29, 18, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by trouble747 View Post
Pretty huge difference between simply requiring a boarding pass for ANY airline and requiring one for United. And how often is anyone at the airport beyond security without a boarding pass??
Nonrevs plus airline and airport employees, who aren't necessarily flying that day (on any airline).
Old Jan 29, 18, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, if a GM+ is flying an international SkyTeam itinerary that day. The SkyTeam lounge access policy doesn't cover domestic SkyTeam flights.

Partners such as VA and VS that aren't SkyTeam members aren't covered by the policy either. In fact, for some cases of VA/VS lounge access PM/DM status is required IIRC.

Search this Thread