Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dogs in the Tampa Skyclub

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold
Dogs in the Tampa Skyclub

Hi everyone,

So yesterday was a real "dog day". Two dogs in the Skyclub (see pics) whose owners felt it was okay for their dogs to sit on the couches. Unacceptable.

I spoke to the front desk associates and they took the behavior seriously. They said the dogs were not allowed on the furniture and must either be crated or connected to a leash.

My flight from TPA to LGA had four dogs (including the cocker spaniel in the pic. It's just getting ridiculous.

When a Skyclub patron enters the club with an animal, the owners should be reminded about keeping the animals off the furniture. Just plain unsanitary.

Safe travels

Last edited by babe11; Nov 15, 2017 at 10:58 am Reason: Pictures dissapeared
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I think they are cute. I guess we no you aren't a big canine fan.
andrewk829 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold
I actually love dogs. I have two myself; however, I would never allow them sit on furniture in a public place. Paws are filthy. Especially walking through airports. Just ewww.
QDDawg likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by micstatic
I think they are cute. I guess we no you aren't a big canine fan.
Cuteness has nothing to do with manners and sanitary behavior/practices .
Xeno, HomeAgain, DiverDave and 8 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Dogs are people, too! Businessdogs should be allowed in the SkyClubs!

Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I agree guys. Not on the furniture. But even the dogs being on the furniture wouldn't make the owners qualify as the worst behavior I've seen in there.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by micstatic
I agree guys. Not on the furniture. But even the dogs being on the furniture wouldn't make the owners qualify as the worst behavior I've seen in there.
I think this line of thinking is what's causing our society to spiral out of control.

The line of acceptable behavior shouldn't be "not as bad worst thing that's happened thus far."

Not a dig at you personally as I fall into this trap as well depending on the situation.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by babe11
Hi everyone,

So yesterday was a real "dog day". Two dogs in the Skyclub (see pics) whose owners felt it was okay for their dogs to sit on the couches. Unacceptable.

I spoke to the front desk associates and they took the behavior seriously. They said the dogs were not allowed on the furniture and must either be crated or connected to a leash.

My flight from TPA to LGA had four dogs (including the cocker spaniel in the pic. It's just getting ridiculous.

When a Skyclub patron enters the club with an animal, the owners should be reminded about keeping the animals off the furniture. Just plain unsanitary.

Safe travels
While I agree with you a hundred percent about dogs on furniture, that is a Cavalier King Charles spaniel, not a cocker. Cavaliers are the sweetest breed of dog that exists .
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
My little buddy is cleaner and has better manners than most SC clientele. But I still would not let him get on the furniture.....in fact IMO they should stay in their kennel.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:07 pm

Seen a few incidents where dog pees on the airport carpet. All emotional support animals should be in cages while in the airport or in flight.
sdadept likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'll take dogs over kids running around and making a mess.
kissfan, puntamita and dogwiz like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Dogs are people, too! Businessdogs should be allowed in the SkyClubs!

You think dogs should be allowed to do their business in SCs?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:15 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Well, I don't think Donald Trump would take too kindly to restricting one from doing their business!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, I don't think Donald Trump would take too kindly to restricting one from doing their business!
*eye roll* lol
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've seen a lot of dogs that look better than people in the SC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.