Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More seat swapping/poaching fun!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On some aircraft types, 5A and 5D are likely to be gate upgrades.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Lrtalk
Well it happened again on my next flight. Had the aisle in 5B, and a lady had the aisle in 5C. Man and wife walk up, and they are split in 5A and 5D. Man asks me to swap to 5D. I said I'll swap, but it needs to be for another aisle. He stands there staring at the lady in 5C who was on a phone call while everyone behind him is waiting to board the plane. She finally tells the person on the phone that she has to go to deal with someone asking to switch seats. So he explains to her what they want to do, and she moves over by me in 5A. Man says "Delta messed up and separated our seats".
thoughts and prayers heading your way
Cotumely likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by pvn
Maybe not a tragedy but I would not hold up everyone boarding behind me to stare at a woman until she ends her call for this, would you? Sit down. In the seat on your boarding pass. Once the crowd has thinned and she’s finished with her call, then ask if you must.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by dalehill

Maybe not a tragedy but I would not hold up everyone boarding behind me to stare at a woman until she ends her call for this, would you? Sit down. In the seat on your boarding pass. Once the crowd has thinned and she’s finished with her call, then ask if you must.
Seems like they'd need to wait for her to notice them to get up and let one of them sit in 5D anyway, no? There's literally no way for them to both get out of the aisle without her help short of just aggressively climbing over her, which most people would consider a lot more rude than asking to switch seats.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jordyn
Seems like they'd need to wait for her to notice them to get up and let one of them sit in 5D anyway, no? There's literally no way for them to both get out of the aisle without her help short of just aggressively climbing over her, which most people would consider a lot more rude than asking to switch seats.
If I were holding up the line because I needed to get past someone talking on the phone, I'd make a motion to get her attention and then point at the seat. Everyone understands what that means. She would not have to end her call to let me in. They didn't want her to let them in, they wanted her to move. That requires interrupting the phone call.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dalehill

Agreed. That's just wrong
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Crazy Story

So I was on a flight this week where a man boarded and took the exit row seat right when he entered. Subsequently, another man boarded and just stood at the front of the plane holding and looking at his boarding pass while everyone boarded. After about 10 minutes, a FA asked him if he needed assistance, and he showed her his boarding pass. She went over to the man who was sitting in the exit row and asked to see his boarding pass. It turns out, he was all the way in the back of the plane, and he just decided he would try to grab the first empty good seat he could find!!

I couldn't believe he did that, especially on a flight that was completely full!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
So I was on a flight this week where a man boarded and took the exit row seat right when he entered. Subsequently, another man boarded and just stood at the front of the plane holding and looking at his boarding pass while everyone boarded. After about 10 minutes, a FA asked him if he needed assistance, and he showed her his boarding pass. She went over to the man who was sitting in the exit row and asked to see his boarding pass. It turns out, he was all the way in the back of the plane, and he just decided he would try to grab the first empty good seat he could find!!

I couldn't believe he did that, especially on a flight that was completely full!
you have WN to thank for that attitude
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
This post is perfect. Well done!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Seat Stealing At It’s Best

so today 3C is sitting in 3D and 3D shows up and says well this guy is in my seat (as a diamond he should have known better) 3C refused to show his boarding pass to the FAs and then makes the GA come on who asks for his ID. He still refuses through the first 2 or 3 requests and finally shows it.

They are 16B.....

STILL refuses to leave his seat and the GA comes back on with a reprint of the boarding pass and he still takes another 5 minutes to vacate the seat.

Checking the upgrade list 16B was an “upgrade” to a middle comfort + seat which makes him at minimum FO.

My question is not just when they decided to sit somewhere random but when they were challenged that they thought they would win this battle? Is it truly just a super sense of entitlement?

(this was SFO to DTW so not a super long flight but certainly not a short one either)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There’s that vexed grocer’s apostrophe again.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by jrl767
c’mon OP, the long thread was only on Page 3 ... mods plz move
its on page 25?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
so today 3C is sitting in 3D and 3D shows up and says well this guy is in my seat (as a diamond he should have known better) 3C refused to show his boarding pass to the FAs and then makes the GA come on who asks for his ID. He still refuses through the first 2 or 3 requests and finally shows it.

They are 16B.....

STILL refuses to leave his seat and the GA comes back on with a reprint of the boarding pass and he still takes another 5 minutes to vacate the seat.

Checking the upgrade list 16B was an “upgrade” to a middle comfort + seat which makes him at minimum FO.

My question is not just when they decided to sit somewhere random but when they were challenged that they thought they would win this battle? Is it truly just a super sense of entitlement?

(this was SFO to DTW so not a super long flight but certainly not a short one either)
Wow!!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA

They are 16B.....

Needs to be posted in the DYKWIA thread. Crazy....
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

They are 16B.....

I'm surprised the GA didn't threaten to throw the seat poacher off then flight when he refused to move. This could have caused a delay. I hope no one expected the owner of the FC seat to give in and just take a coach seat.
IndyHoosier and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.