Japan 500 bonus miles campaign

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Japan 500 bonus miles campaign

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-campaign.html

Has any one seen this? Didn't see this posted so....I was looking around different carriers earnings and found this:

Earn 500 SkyMiles bonus miles on any flight within Japan on any airline including JAL, ANA and Skymark. That means you'll be able to redeem your miles for award travel on Delta, our SkyTeamź Global Alliance Partners, and other SkyMiles Airline Partners even faster. Don't delay, start earning SkyMiles bonus miles on your next domestic flight.

Travel period: April 1,2017-March 31, 2018

Eligible flights: Any and all regularly scheduled commercial flights within Japan, on any fare, in any class.

Bonus miles: 500 SkyMiles bonus miles per domestic flight. During the campaign period, a maximum of 5,000 miles (10 flights) per base member or 20,000 miles (40 flights) per SkyMiles Medallion member may be earned.

*This campaign is administered independently by Delta Air Lines and not in partnership with any carrier flying domestic Japanese routes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the Japan 500 bonus miles Campaign Mileage Credit Request Formopens in a new window. The form is also available at Fax Box service 03-5972-7009. (IP phone numbers, phone numbers starting with 0990 and overseas calls cannot be used for the fax box service.)
Attach a copy of your boarding pass(es)*.
Send the form and boarding pass copies to the
Delta Air Lines
Attn: Japan 500 bonus miles Campaign
fax (03-3505-2721 or 03-3505-2751)
post (P.O. Box 823 Tsuen Wan Post Office Hong Kong).

Request forms must be received no later than two months after the date of travel to qualify for mileage.

*For flights the boarding passes are issued at check-in or at the gate, notices such as Ticket Issuance Notice, Boarding Notice, Boarding Certificate are not eligible for bonus miles. For this case, please attach the copies of boarding passes (stubs). If you check in without a boarding pass, you can use another proof of check-in issued by the airline to claim your SkyMiles bonus miles (e.g. Receipt with Passenger Name, Flight Number, Departure Date and Seat Number and Destination). Please contact the Delta Air Lines Reservations Center for details.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Strange... not sure what they're trying to do with that campaign.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
500 Delta miles are not worth the time it took to type "500 miles".
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
I think you just be a resident of Japan for this, but maybe they’ve extended it to all members. I make use of this (so far) yearly promotion. It’s not worth flying just to earn 500 miles, but it’s a nice bonus when flying within Japan. It works for LCCs as well as award flights, so it can add up to a few thousand quickly if you’re flying across Japan cheaply.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
ONLY for Japanese residents.

I think Delta did this for those that would travel beyond NRT or HND, end up picking ANA, JAL or one of the other airlines..
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
This promotion dates waaaaaaaay back to the NW days. It's been around for years.

If you're a Japanese resident who flies domestically often, it adds up.

I've flown about 10 domestic segments this year. That's 5000 free miles right there. Max 20,000 per year.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Definitely adds up. I usually fly into NRT or HND and the connect to other cities. I wish I could use this but I can't because I am a US resident

The good thing is that ANA offers some really good deals for foreigners on the explore Japan fares. It just a little bit more than the the stupid LCCs. The Asian LCCs has more fees than the US ones, including online booking fee, payment fee, then credit card payment fee on top. When I said and done, the ANA flights are about the same price.

Really wish I can collect a little bit of SkyMiles from those flights.
koreanair720 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I have been filling these out for years and faxing them in. This last time I saw they now want submissions by email, but when I did it they didn't post. After calling about the "invalid document" I found out it is only for Japan residents. I do live in Japan, but Delta has my old US address on file.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
They've been a bit slow in posting them for me recently as well, ever since they changed it to email. (I imagine handling for this was moved elsewhere after the closure of HKG)

They do get posted, though. If your Delta address is outdated, I would update it if this promotion is that important to you.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
After a couple submisions of documents and no response, I finally called and few I believe my Japan address will finally be accepted as my primary. In past years I was getting the miles without officially switching my address to Japan, but they denied me last fall.

However, I see the T&C has changed a bit, and it appears you might need to have a Japan-issued Delta credit card from April 2020.

I was only getting 1.000-3,000 miles a year from this, but it was a nice little perk.

Given the fees and huge mileage requirements for awards, there is no way I sign up for a Delta credit card in Japan. My United Saison earns me 1.5 per „100 on anything I buy and just costs „6,000/yr.

Previous description:
This offer is available to SkyMiles Members with a registered mailing address in Japan only.

From April 2020:
  • This offer is available to eligible SkyMiles Members with a registered mailing address in Japan only. The first and last name linked to the SkyMiles account and on the boarding pass must be the same.
  • Eligible SkyMiles Member means Medallion Members and SkyMiles Members with a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card issued in Japan (Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB VISA Card, Delta SkyMiles Diners Club Card, Delta SkyMiles JCB Card and Delta SkyMiles American Express Card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.