Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lacto Ovo Vefeterian First Class Breakfast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

I am flying SJC MSP TPA and reqursted the Lacto Ovo meal for breakfast and winder how it is or should I switch to the regular meal as I am not strict. What did they serve you in First Class for the lacto ovo meal? Was it larger than the regular FCc meal? Thanks
Traveller likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
I am flying SJC MSP TPA and reqursted the Lacto Ovo meal for breakfast and winder how it is or should I switch to the regular meal as I am not strict. What did they serve you in First Class for the lacto ovo meal? Was it larger than the regular FCc meal? Thanks
They do serve covfefe with the vefetarian breakfast.

Last edited by flyerslc; Nov 9, 2017 at 8:09 am
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
covfefe is the best
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM
I don't have a specific data point for vegetarian, but I can tell you the gluten-free breakfast is invariably a bowl of cheerios for me. I would be willing to bet you would get the same with soy milk.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:02 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by runninaway
I don't have a specific data point for vegetarian, but I can tell you the gluten-free breakfast is invariably a bowl of cheerios for me. I would be willing to bet you would get the same with soy milk.
I had no idea Cheerios were GF (I assumed they were a wheat based cereal). Looks like they are oat flour and have developed a process to remove any wheat or rye contaminants.
https://www.generalmillscf.com/glute...ng-gluten-free
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by runninaway
Lacto-ovo-vegetarians eat both eggs and milk, so it's unclear why you think they would get soy milk, or cereal.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Lacto-ovo-vegetarians eat both eggs and milk, so it's unclear why you think they would get soy milk, or cereal.
Some airlines/food caterers take a conservative, simple approach to the various forms of vegetarian/vegan meals. They just serve an ultra-conservative vegan meal to everyone.

My sister used to complain about the vegetarian meals on one particular airline, because the standard 'dessert' was usually a brownie, but the vegetarian meals always substituted a piece of fruit. She wanted the pastry. An FA told her it was easier than catering separate vegan/vegetarian/ovo-lacto-vegetarian meals.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Exactly. If Delta is ultra conservative I will just cancel the request. I have until April. I don't drink Soy Milk due to my thyroid condition. So regular , coconut or almond milk.

Should I keep the Lacto Ovo or just go with what is served? I am not that strict but wanted to avoid getting cereal as my meal and the DL agent explained that Lacto Ovo means Eggs , cheese fruit and a bread item.

For those with a data point please let me know of your Delta First Class experiences. I would think an Asian Vegetarian Meal would give you Soy Milk not a Lacto Ovo Meal.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:37 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danielonn
Exactly. If Delta is ultra conservative I will just cancel the request. I have until April. I don't drink Soy Milk due to my thyroid condition. So regular , coconut or almond milk.

Should I keep the Lacto Ovo or just go with what is served? I am not that strict but wanted to avoid getting cereal as my meal and the DL agent explained that Lacto Ovo means Eggs , cheese fruit and a bread item.

For those with a data point please let me know of your Delta First Class experiences. I would think an Asian Vegetarian Meal would give you Soy Milk not a Lacto Ovo Meal.
I don't see any Lacto Ovo Meal reports in this thread.
Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition

If you do decide to keep the Lacto Ovo meal, please post it in the food thread for 2018.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Not sure about the ovo/lacto meal, yet I must say that on a recent morning trip between YVR and MSP, I was served not one (1), not two (2) but three (3) quite large bowls of cut fruit, I had so much that I shared with others in the FC cabin... tweeted it back to DL and their only response was 'Yummy, Yummy, Yummy'....

Have a good trip
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bo1953
Not sure about the ovo/lacto meal, yet I must say that on a recent morning trip between YVR and MSP, I was served not one (1), not two (2) but three (3) quite large bowls of cut fruit, I had so much that I shared with others in the FC cabin... tweeted it back to DL and their only response was 'Yummy, Yummy, Yummy'....

Have a good trip
If I had three bowls of Fruit I would be a Fruterian(:
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I wish DL brought back the fruit plate!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:01 pm

The only problem with the fruit plate of yore is that “fresh” is not a synonym of “ripe”. I’m pretty certain that the honeydew I was served on a particular ATL-PDX segment in 1992 is just now starting to soften up.

The single best vegan/“strict vegetarian” food I’ve ever been served on a plane was the snack on DFW-JAX; bag of Fritos, crudités and the most perfect guacamole I’ve ever tasted. 25 years later and I still marvel at it.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
The only problem with the fruit plate of yore is that “fresh” is not a synonym of “ripe”. I’m pretty certain that the honeydew I was served on a particular ATL-PDX segment in 1992 is just now starting to soften up.
Had you eaten it?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by VibeGuy

The single best vegan/“strict vegetarian” food I’ve ever been served on a plane was the snack on DFW-JAX; bag of Fritos, crudités and the most perfect guacamole I’ve ever tasted. 25 years later and I still marvel at it.
Take that, and add the cheeseburger - the perfect comfort meal for dinner on a 4+ hour flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.