Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Platinum AmEx MQM Bonus in December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Platinum AmEx MQM Bonus in December

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zeebanker
In a similar situation myself. I remember an agent telling me to go to this site to claim the mqms for myself (or gift them): http://delta.com/deltareservemqm
I hit the threshold $60k spent in November...statement closed and I received bonus miles on the 18th of December but no MQMs. I called and was given worthless info, clicked the link above, logged in, claimed them for myself and they were in my account immediately.

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:26 am

In a similar situation myself. I remember an agent telling me to go to this site to claim the mqms for myself (or gift them): http://delta.com/deltareservemqm
Yep, nothing new here. Its always been (at least for the last several years) if you have the Amex Delta Reserve card, you MUST claim them if you want them ASAP, else they will Automatic go to you, but after 90 days. This is because with Reserve card, you have the option of Gifting them to someone else.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Yep, nothing new here. Its always been (at least for the last several years) if you have the Amex Delta Reserve card, you MUST claim them if you want them ASAP, else they will Automatic go to you, but after 90 days. This is because with Reserve card, you have the option of Gifting them to someone else.
Yeah it makes total sense. It's very odd though that the 3 people at amex and 3 people at Delta that I spoke with didn't know to direct me to log into Delta and accept them.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by rkoechel
Yeah it makes total sense. It's very odd though that the 3 people at amex and 3 people at Delta that I spoke with didn't know to direct me to log into Delta and accept them.
That's why you should come to FT.
rizrizriz likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: spg gold, hilton diamond, marriott gold, carlson gold
Originally Posted by curl
it is retro to the date you hit the spend. I’ve hit mine on 12/30 and it counted for that year.
I just hit mine -- was speaking to amex and they said 6-8 weeks!! Good to know...
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marty Leisner
I just hit mine -- was speaking to amex and they said 6-8 weeks!! Good to know...
They will post a day or two after your statement close in January. If you have a Reserve card, you will get to select/gift them at that point. In either case, they will be backdated to Dec 31, 2017 and count towards 2017 MQM totals.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:18 am

Related question here

Have DL Amex Reserve and would like to do a charge shortly after midnight EST tonight. Will that charge count to 2017 spend or 2018 spend if charge is theoretically 12:01am Jan 1, 2018 in my time zone? Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Have DL Amex Reserve and would like to do a charge shortly after midnight EST tonight. Will that charge count to 2017 spend or 2018 spend if charge is theoretically 12:01am Jan 1, 2018 in my time zone? Thanks
I was wondering the same, and in general is it the date it is charged or it posts?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I was wondering the same, and in general is it the date it is charged or it posts?
I would assume it depends on the merchant.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thank you fo this info. Just reviewing my account, I did not get my 15k MQMs from my Reserve AMEX. Just claimed them
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnbp
I would assume it depends on the merchant.
The transaction date would probably depend on the merchant, but Amex does not use transaction date to determine which year a purchase counts toward. Amex uses the post date which would be based on it's own clock and which would be based in one of the US timezones. Transactions can often take a day or two (or even several days) to post. A number of people have been burned by this when making last minute year end purchases to hit an MQM Boost spend threshold and assuming that Amex uses the transaction date to determine which year a purchase counts toward.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:31 am

I have 41,200 MQM for 2017. Hit my spending mark on about December 29. My next statement closes January 25. Once the MQM post I will reach Gold. Sounds like I will be stuck at Silver until January 25 when the next statement closes? Probably not traveling Delta before then, so it probably is irrelevant, but is there any precedent for Delta/AMEX posting the MQM early? Interestingly, they do show me hitting the spend threshold (for the waiver) which includes the spending on 12/29.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jakers3200
I have 41,200 MQM for 2017. Hit my spending mark on about December 29. My next statement closes January 25. Once the MQM post I will reach Gold. Sounds like I will be stuck at Silver until January 25 when the next statement closes? Probably not traveling Delta before then, so it probably is irrelevant, but is there any precedent for Delta/AMEX posting the MQM early? Interestingly, they do show me hitting the spend threshold (for the waiver) which includes the spending on 12/29.
I have not heard of any cases of Amex pushing the MQM Boost through prior to statement close. You will likely just have to wait until then to become Gold for 2018.
jakers3200 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Edit:
MQM is now backdated to 12/31/2017 as per usual. No news here.

Original post below:

DP here:
usually mile boost in Jan (for purchases done in 2017) is retroactively posted on 12/31 of prior year, however my statement just closed 1/3 and the miles/mqm are posted as 1/4 instead of 12/31. Don't know if it will updated later on but just want to let others know

Last edited by jerryhze; Jan 8, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhze
DP here:
usually mile boost in Jan (for purchases done in 2017) is retroactively posted on 12/31 of prior year, however my statement just closed 1/3 and the miles/mqm are posted as 1/4 instead of 12/31. Don't know if it will updated later on but just want to let others know
Are you sure you are looking at the bonus MQM's (and not the bonus RDM's)? It's only the bonus MQM's that get backdated, not the bonus RDM's. They get posted separately and there may be other activities between them. Do both the activity date and posted on date say 1/4? It's the activity date that matters, not the "posted on" date. My January close MQM's boosts have always had different activity dates and posted on dates with the activity date always being backdated to 12/31 of the previous year while the "posted on" date just reflects the date they posted to the account. The MQM's are not instantaneously added to your balance for the previous year. They run regular "sweeps" every few days and they get added at that point.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 5, 2018 at 5:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.