Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will be close to Gold, how close is too close?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat

I'm not flying Delta on revenue tickets lately much at all, just cheap short hauls on points when it makes sense. I'm still hoping they bring back a SBA to SLC flight again, I've heard rumors.

So, I'd like to get close to gold, but not too close, I'm thinking 2019 might be the year, maybe late 2018. I'm getting 40 K MQMs on cc spend this year and about 7800 on flights with no more planned.

I've heard other Delta flyers comment that their accounts were rounded up to the next tier when close. How close? I'm only 2200 miles away, I want to keep the 23k as rollover miles, that way if flying delta more makes sense I could potentially get to platinum. Anyone had this happen
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Jonesdds

I've heard other Delta flyers comment that their accounts were rounded up to the next tier when close. How close? I'm only 2200 miles away,
It's incredibly rare and I don't think that is close enough but I don't think the factors are exactly raw numbers. Given the change in waiver for the 2019 year, I would be surprised to see any unless they spend that astronomical amount.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The 2019 MQD waiver change concerns DMs.

I don't think the OP needs to fear being bumped up to GM from FO unless his/her MQDs are extraordinarily high for GM, perhaps around $30,000.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There were a few folks that reported getting rounded-up last year. In the process, DL also took away their rollover MQM's. Some were intentionally holding short and were able to get their status rounded back down again and restore their rollover by contacting DL.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I'm not flying Delta on revenue tickets lately much at all, just cheap short hauls on points when it makes sense. I'm still hoping they bring back a SBA to SLC flight again, I've heard rumors.

So, I'd like to get close to gold, but not too close, I'm thinking 2019 might be the year, maybe late 2018. I'm getting 40 K MQMs on cc spend this year and about 7800 on flights with no more planned.

I've heard other Delta flyers comment that their accounts were rounded up to the next tier when close. How close? I'm only 2200 miles away, I want to keep the 23k as rollover miles, that way if flying delta more makes sense I could potentially get to platinum. Anyone had this happen
If you were 20 MQMs short, you might worry about it. But they won't bump up when you are 2000 miles short.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by LBJ
There were a few folks that reported getting rounded-up last year. In the process, DL also took away their rollover MQM's. Some were intentionally holding short and were able to get their status rounded back down again and restore their rollover by contacting DL.
Crap.. I'm holding at ~600 miles short to Diamond for the purpose of rollover. My MQD is very high (way over $20K due to the international business class tickets my company buys....)

I guess it is another thing I need to keep an eye on next February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.