Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles Devaluation - Nov 1, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by keloutwest
Folks let’s re-read the original post. It’s simply a data point on a devaluation on a US-Canada route that now costs more than it did prior to Nov 1.
Honestly, re-reading the original post (plus the fact that you bothered to pull it out into a new thread after first posting in the existing one started 5 days ago, it still reads to me like you thought you had discovered something new and were making a unilateral statement about all US-Canada and when counterexamples were immediately provided, you tried to walk it back, twice now (first to "US west to Canada east" and now "I was just providing a data point")

There have certainly been devaluations, but so far this doesn't seem like one of them.

Originally Posted by philemer
Then click the RBP button.
I already did earlier this afternoon, but the DL mods don't seem to be in a merging mood these days about this or other threads which arguably could have been merged. Mine is not to question why.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:06 pm

I fly ATL-YYZ often on points and it does appear to have increased from 9000 to 15000 across the board. Sadness.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaw753
I fly ATL-YYZ often on points and it does appear to have increased from 9000 to 15000 across the board. Sadness.
While ATL-YYZ awards have increased to 15K, ATL-YYC is available for 11K and ATL-YVR is available for 11.5K. Also, you can do GSP-YYZ for 7K miles and BHM-YYZ for 8K miles. So, clearly you have options if you are open to a drive (or book one-way's and use hidden city on the return award).
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thumbs down SIN - NYC @ 300,000 - 500,000 Miles??? Seriously?

I fly Singapore to New York 4-5x per year on revenue fares. I sometimes redeemed 180,000 - 340,000 miles for round trip First class award tickets on Delta. Now the lowest amount of miles required is at least 300,000 up to 510,000!!! When did this Skymiles devaluation happen? Suites on Singapore Airlines and Asiana both start around 240,000! Yes, I said Suites! I am seriously reconsidering moving back to Star Alliance!

Last edited by guyinmotion; Dec 25, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by keloutwest
US-Canada 1 way "Low" Level:

Coach - Up from 12,500 (or even lower in some cases) to minimum 15,000

First class is now minimum 30,000, up from 25,000.

I'll let others go through the rest to see if this is isolated to 1 region or across the board.
Its so confusing, how do we know which way is up and down!

So this weekend I just booked a last minute Newark to Key West. United was only 12,500 per person for 50,000 miles total. CHECK THIS! Delta was 44,000 miles per person.. in coach!

Thats almost 400% higher. Skymiles is the biggest rip off. Its a good reason to say F-U to Delta and fly anyone else. ESPECIALLY if you live in Atlanta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.