Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Commentary on LAX SkyClubs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
EDIT: See what poster is doing. Don't understand fascination with colors and underlining however.
Its and easy.....and lazy way to get my point across. I could break it into single quotes but I'm not feeling that much work right now.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I hate the relo'ed LAX SC with a passion. If I depart from TBIT, I rather go to the lousy Korean lounge. LAX SC has very little decent food - everything is not packaged stuff... It's crowded, no printer and internet is flaky.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:57 pm

One has to appreciate the sense of humor among this crowd. Can you imagine all of these shower benches showing up at the LAX SC? Delta would certainly get the message.

Reminds me of the full fare international F passenger on Air Canada who took home his inedible meal on the tray untouched and couriered it to AC’s CEO in Montreal. He got an apology and AC immediately upgraded their international F meals.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Nov 4, 2017 at 4:45 am
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
I was just in DCA earlier this week. The mess and sardine-like condition of the SC there make LA's T2 SC actually look good, although I say that in very relative terms. I agree that LA could use better facilities, and that is hopefully on the way.

Overall, the current state of both SCs makes DL's LAX-DCA offering underwhelming. One would expect that the Delta One service provided on this very competitive route would be complemented by excellent amenities on both ends, but that is not the case today.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Yes lets look at one outstation and completely ignore all the new/renovated clubs in the hubs and stations like SFO, MIA etc. etc. but hey, hold on to something that happened years ago under a different management and one of the largest airline mergers anyone has ever seen and oil being as high as it ever was.

I guess Delta should have either 1) just gone without a club in T3 while the expanded/renovated the old VX/TW club 2) or just made (by magic I guess) VX do a better job taking over the club from the TWA days

It would be fairly....no HIGHLY stupid for Delta to do this if they are planning on either new showers or heavy renovations to the existing showers

And I'm sure at some point DL will be able to help you with that. They haven't even been in T2/3 for a year yet and its going to take several years to make LAX a decent set up. That would be why most people who actually keep up with the airline try to avoid it like the plague.

but hey, being a fairly reasonable person isn't for everyone.
Has Delta ever done anything wrong?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Lol. Has Boeing ever done anything wrong?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
Lol. Has Boeing ever done anything wrong?
Yes. They allowed McDonnell-Douglas management to run the show after the merger. McDonnell-Douglas was a failing company, their management should have been canned. See, I can be objective even with a company I like. I also own no stock in Boeing.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ithacxa
I was just in DCA earlier this week. The mess and sardine-like condition of the SC there make LA's T2 SC actually look good, although I say that in very relative terms. I agree that LA could use better facilities, and that is hopefully on the way.

Overall, the current state of both SCs makes DL's LAX-DCA offering underwhelming. One would expect that the Delta One service provided on this very competitive route would be complemented by excellent amenities on both ends, but that is not the case today.
Well, both clubs are undergoing extensive renovations right now. I'm sure the fact that that route was upgraded to D1 service played a role in them choosing to renovate the DCA SC. I'm not sure what you really want them to do as I don't know of any other location for a temporary club in that terminal. In the case of LAX, I do agree that it would have been nice if they finished work on the T2/T3 clubs before abandoning the very nice setup they had in T5.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence

I'm going on the DCA-LAX non-stop tomorrow night; I'm trying to upgrade with an RUC but it doesn't look good at the moment.

As far as the DCA SC is concerned (this is my "home" club), it is about 20 years old (it opened when the "new" DCA terminal opened), and it could use a facelift. Management thoughtfully opened up a corridor which was once blocked by an alarmed door along the windows that overlook the TSA security lines to Concourse B and connects with the Delta Protocol Office lounge, so the club is not as sardine like as you may think. The construction is supposed to be completed by early March, 2018.

I was in the T2 club a few days after it opened earlier this year. It didn't seem all that bad to me, and, when it is completely renovated, will be better than what Delta had in T5. I would like to check out the T3 club on this upcoming trip.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold
One would expect that the Delta One service provided on this very competitive route would be complemented by excellent amenities on both ends, but that is not the case today.
Isn't that the idea behind renovating the DCA club? I mean, what do you expect? The entire club gets redone overnight?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Its and easy.....and lazy way to get my point across. I could break it into single quotes but I'm not feeling that much work right now.
Please be more lazy and don't do it. I think if there are two points in a quote we can understand your response without indicators...
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Yes. On my last SkyClub visit they parked an Airbus on the tarmac outside the window. Oh the humanity!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
Yes. On my last SkyClub visit they parked an Airbus on the tarmac outside the window. Oh the humanity!
Your obsession with me is most peculiar. You just couldn't bare not interacting with me for two weeks I suppose.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Your obsession with me is most peculiar. You just couldn't bare not interacting with me for two weeks I suppose.
There are no words that can be used in outside of Bad Omni, and probably not even in Bad Omni, to give a proper reply so I will not.

But I will quote an anonymous source:
Having a good sense of humor is no laughing matter. ^
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
I was in Terminal 2 Sky Club for a few hours today. There is a self service bar that is kind of clumsy with no counter space and an ice bucket instead of a dispenser. It's right in the flight path to the buffet. I later discovered there is a 2nd bar in the room behind the check in desk.

Mid afternoon, the only warm dish was vegan veggie soup and boiled rice. I don't understand the salad bar thing. You can't really make a salad. Are you supposed to do something with the rice? Not sure if this is some kind of Asian dish. Nonetheless, the ingredients were fresh and good.

There are only two or three showers working. The water was almost not warm enough on full hot. There is no place to sit down except on the john that just has a horseshoe seat, no cover.

Are they installing an elevator next to the check in desk?

Not a bad club, just not quite. T3 always feels like I'm in a 7 Eleven.

In the last years DL has spent millions on T5 and the Sky Club. Remember the rotunda? I'm anxious to see how DL pulls together the entire new experience.

Does anyone else think the shopping/food court feels like Vegas, minus the slot machines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.