Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First A350 premium-economy review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
So, this gets more interesting. Delta.com still says premium-economy passengers are only supposed to receive Sky Priority, not premium privileges (https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...m-economy.html). You could call it semantics but there is a distinct difference between the two, at least for boarding. I suspect they realized that folks in premium-economy would see and hear "premium" and think that is them. This is also the problem with zone 1; people logically assume it's the first to board.
Premium Select gets the SkyPriority suite of services (so, like, SkyPriority check-in, SkyPriority baggage, SkyPriority security), but it also PREM boarding instead of SKY.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
That seat in your photo looked a lot like an old style AA MD80 F seat, but with more recline and the footrest. How do you feel that the DL 350 PE seat compares with various DL narrowbody F seats?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
The two meals looks nice....the "snack" however is a bit disappointment... it looks NOTHING like what Delta advertises on their website, especially since the ticket states that a Dinner, Lunch, & Brunch will be offered.

https://www.delta.com/mytrips/findPnr.action
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:35 am

With many of these airfares between $300-$500, you could for $1,500 buy a row of three seats and carry-on a small mattress pad, pillow and blanket. You would be very, very comfortable for 14 hours.
Would you earn miles for all 3 seats?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:36 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by caburrito
No.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Not sure but in one video of the PS seats (bulkhead), it looks like each half of the middle armrests can flipped up horizontally providing a nice barrier to prevent your seat mate from infringing on your space and widening your seat area at your waist by a couple of inches. That's really nice, especially for wide-bodied passengers.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by caburrito
Originally Posted by C W
No.
You wouldn't get MQMs for three seats, but you would get the miles from the credit card spending.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Except the blanket will now be the new economy-class blanket. Not sure if the new economy-class pillow will be the premium-economy pillow, however.
Originally Posted by sbm12
The blanket I had in PE going over was better/nicer than the blanket in Y coming back. Maybe that changes (like a few other things that I expect will) but that's what it was on my flights this week.
From the photos I've seen, the Premium Select blanket looks to be the same gray, Westin-branded one as provisioned in domestic first class, which of course differs from the blue, non-branded main cabin blanket. (Since I tend not to use blankets, I've no idea if the first class version is actually better.)
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MS02113
From the photos I've seen, the Premium Select blanket looks to be the same gray, Westin-branded one as provisioned in domestic first class, which of course differs from the blue, non-branded main cabin blanket. (Since I tend not to use blankets, I've no idea if the first class version is actually better.)
I've seen both the blue and gray blankets used in domestic first-class. I don't think there's any real difference.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:30 am
C W

I've seen both the blue and gray blankets used in domestic first-class. I don't think there's any real difference.
Blanket color is very important! From our Hall of Rants

Originally Posted by anon2k2
The mix of red and blue blankets in F. If you're going to do a transition, can you at least do it by flight? Or at least some sort of pattern like all red on the AB side and all blue on the CD side. My OCD is acting up these days.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:45 pm

IMy work colleague just flew to Tokyo yesterday in the product. She was in an aisle seat in the center section. Her biggest complaint was that the center section seats have some sort of bar underneath the seat in front of you that restricts legroom. Apparently, the seats on the side sections don't have this bar.

She also said there was no curtain separating economy from premium-economy, which created a lavatory issue.
The seats on the 'side sections' also have this horizontal bar. Seriously limits the underseat space to about 60% of what it was on the 777-400. Vertical seat support under the window seat is also horribly positioned. I am definitely not a fan of the new economy seats. Has me thinking about avoiding the DL A350 in future.

My two flights on the DL A350 to date also had no curtain separating Y from PS.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:01 pm
C W

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
This is really strange. Is there not a natural place for one? Is there a bulkhead? Seems like a curtain would be essential with how they're trying to pitch it as a truly premium level product.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Yes, I've seen the blue ones in first class, too. But I believe Delta intends to supply the Westin-branded, gray blankets in first and the generic blue ones in the main cabin. Since they often can't get the provisioning right, though, why even bother with two versions?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:43 pm

Yes the gray ones and the blue ones are frequently mixed together, but depending on the lighting, the colors look nearly identical, so its no wonder that the people provisioning the aircraft mix them all together. I doubt they realize there is a difference. A color blind individual would never be able to tell that there are two different colors.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
The seats on the 'side sections' also have this horizontal bar. Seriously limits the underseat space to about 60% of what it was on the 777-400. Vertical seat support under the window seat is also horribly positioned. I am definitely not a fan of the new economy seats. Has me thinking about avoiding the DL A350 in future.

I doubt Delta cares but it would be nice if they would listen and make changes to the A350 before further aircraft are delivered. After all, they could learn from other airlines that had seat design flaws. It's easier to fix it now than a couple years down the line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.