Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund with schedule change?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
So have an OGG-LAX flight that got moved to just under an hour earlier. By letter of Delta's rules, I cant get refunded. But it makes a difference to me in terms of what I can do on morning of last day of our vacation. FWIW, I booked cheap A fare tickets. F cabin on 757 now fully booked, imagine DL could sell for way more than I paid.

Really want to refund my DL tix and buy tickets on AS's later OGG-LAX flight. Do I stand any chance of convincing DL given the above?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When is the flight? They seem to be making a lot of changes to that route, and I'd say there's a chance of more schedule changes next Saturday.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by josephstern
When is the flight? They seem to be making a lot of changes to that route, and I'd say there's a chance of more schedule changes next Saturday.
Just under a month from now.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Just under a month from now.
Then, unlikely.

Worth a call, but I doubt they'll help. The load factor argument probably can't be dealt with by the phone reps.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Call and explain why it doesn't work, then politely ask for a refund. While by rule not big enough change, you'll likely get someone to approve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.