Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why does Delta make it so hard to get a copy of a receipt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

OK, rant follows:

I need a copy of a ticket receipt that I purchased on 31 Aug. It shows that I can download a copy on my Skymiles account, but of course the link doesn't work. I called the Skymiles number and the rep said it was "archived" and I needed to call another number. I called that number and the rep stated I needed to send an e-mail with an official request, credit card used, ticket number, etc., and it would take "seven to fourteen days".

Really? It takes an e-mail, various identifying information, and almost two weeks for someone at Delta to forward me a copy of my ticket receipt? Pathetic.

J
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
You're supposed to be able to pull receipts from the past 24 months on the website from your Delta account in the my receipts section.

I've had 1 or 2 receipts in the past that haven't loaded correctly (I imagine they have bugs just like any other system), fortunately, I still had the email.

The one time I had to request a copy I didn't find it hard, they don't need the actual credit card used, just the type of card. The response was pretty fast.

The actual details on requesting a copy are on the website here (under How do I obtain a ticket receipt for past date travel?):
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/support/faqs/general/customer-care-faqs.html
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:21 pm

My Trips -> View Receipts

I can see as far back as August 12
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mkchang
My Trips -> View Receipts

I can see as far back as August 12
The default is 90 days. To the right, you can widen the period. I just put "01-sep-2016" as the start date, left today as the end date, and clicked on search, and I got all of the receipts of the last 13 months.
calrick likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Or go to your wallet and open receipts and enter date range.
calrick likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by mot29
Or go to your wallet and open receipts and enter date range.
This works for me every week when doing expense reports...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HDQDD
This works for me every week when doing expense reports...
Ditto
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hopefully OP will report back after following the simple instructions. If that doesn't work, he should also remember that he would have received an e-ticket receipt when he purchased the ticket and that contains a detailed receipt as well.
bonoman and Seabilly like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Can the Delta Ticket counter print me a receipt for a baggage fee I purchased on the app during check in? Thanks

I figured it out but am surprised a receipt was not automatically generated and emailed after paying for the bag.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Feb 4, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
FYI - if you apply an RUC or GUC to a ticket, it will foul up your receipt in the "MyDelta" section of the website and app, at least from a reimbursement perspective. If you even are lucky enough to retain all legs of the flight on the receipt, it will show the payment type as an e-credit rather than your credit card. The original receipt shows as a line item in your receipts on the website/app, but clicking the link downloads an empty receipt or shows an error.

I would be sure to save your email receipt, or go in and download your receipt immediately after purchase and before trying to apply the RUC or GUC. I am not sure if the same thing happens if you upgrade with miles or pay to upgrade on or before check in, but I suspect it might.

Last edited by kitkat77; Feb 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
For all I complain about with DL, this one is actually pretty easy, and they keep all the receipts I ever need on the "My Delta" section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.