FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Purser Thanks Every Single Medallion on Flight (RDU-CDG) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1874625-delta-purser-thanks-every-single-medallion-flight-rdu-cdg.html)

CMK10 Oct 29, 2017 3:31 am

Delta Purser Thanks Every Single Medallion on Flight (RDU-CDG)

I was flying RDU-CDG on Friday night and was seated in 36F, the door 3 exit row. As we were nearing Paris I saw the purser go over to 36B, extend his hand and thank the passenger sitting there. I thought it was odd someone with high status was all the way in the back instead of in C+. Then the purser came to me and said "Mr. CMK10? Thank you for being a Silver Medallion". I got a handshake. As did the passenger in 36E who was also Silver.

This flight was pretty elite heavy so he really took his time going to every passenger, especially those of us who are merely Silver and rarely noticed by anyone. I was very impressed by his gesture.

koreanair720 Oct 29, 2017 4:32 am

Very nice. Ironically, the only time I've ever been thanked onboard for my DL status was on . . . China Airlines!

PV_Premier Oct 29, 2017 4:39 am

this is a nice gesture, i wonder if it has anything to do with the renewed focus that DL has put on RDU. in a few recent flights in and out of there, i've been personally recognized at check in with a thank you and a hat tip to my also piddly DL status. perhaps it is just coincidence.

they seem to really be trying to put the squeeze on WN and AA there across the board, plus the side benefit of kicking AS in the cajones with their SEA-RDU nonstops.

DLDiamond2013 Oct 29, 2017 5:00 am

I always love stories like this because they are of employees going above and beyond. I enjoy that in any industry/job - or anytime someone seems to apparently still care in our transient society. Not every purser does this, but he did. Not every FA remembers first class passenger names while serving them on a flight, but some still do. Not every FA thanks F or J passengers prior to landing, but some do. Not every Captain speaks to the F cabin in person prior to a flight departing, but some do. And these are just the onboard folks. There are Sky Club, ACS, Reservations, and many others behind the scenes who we’ll never interact with who go above and beyond, too. Great job to this purser! Keep it up.

jrkmsp Oct 29, 2017 6:56 am

A FA did it for me a few weeks back flying DCA-MSP on a Sunday morning. It came with a comp’d drink, too! 🙂

RJPA Oct 29, 2017 8:13 am

I think it has something to do with the new FA app. It shows the list of medallion members on board with seat assignment. Two weeks ago on my DEN-SEA, FA came to me, showed me on her screen and thanked me for the business. That was a nice gesture. She only went to a couple of people, though, including me.

EZEDoesIt Oct 29, 2017 8:51 am

Once I did SDS on ATL-LGA and got stuck in the way back on a MD. FA walked the entire cabin to thank me (and to question why a DM was in the rear).

C W Oct 29, 2017 9:41 am

Great story.

I wish we had an Employees Go Above and Beyond master thread to compliment all our whiney master threads :o

StayingHomeIsBetter Oct 29, 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28990584)
Great story.

I wish we had an Employees Go Above and Beyond master thread to compliment all our whiney master threads :o

Why would you want to compliment a whiney thread?

:D

C W Oct 29, 2017 10:34 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 28990701)
Why would you want to compliment a whiney thread?

:D

Sorry :p

Complement

CMK10 Oct 29, 2017 10:34 am

Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013 (Post 28989983)
I always love stories like this because they are of employees going above and beyond. I enjoy that in any industry/job - or anytime someone seems to apparently still care in our transient society. Not every purser does this, but he did. Not every FA remembers first class passenger names while serving them on a flight, but some still do. Not every FA thanks F or J passengers prior to landing, but some do. Not every Captain speaks to the F cabin in person prior to a flight departing, but some do. And these are just the onboard folks. There are Sky Club, ACS, Reservations, and many others behind the scenes who we’ll never interact with who go above and beyond, too. Great job to this purser! Keep it up.

Exactly. And it's nice that as bad as flying can be sometimes and as jaded as we can all be that every so often someone comes along and reminds you it can be special still.

SDQBound Oct 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Last night I got a thank you card from the crew on DL404. The purser had a few more, but my wife, who is a GM, didn't get one.

Detroiter Oct 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013 (Post 28989983)
Not every FA remembers first class passenger names while serving them on a flight, but some still do.

I'll admit I enjoy when an FA taking drink orders says, "Mr. Detroiter, would you like another Woodford (remembering my PDB order)?"

Although my favorite bit of airline personalization was once (1970) when I was flying LAX-PHL in AA F class with my parents. When we boarded, there were nametags with our names attached to the seats we had selected. I thought that was really cool at the time, and I think my parents enjoyed it too.

Bowgie Oct 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by koreanair720 (Post 28989944)
Very nice. Ironically, the only time I've ever been thanked onboard for my DL status was on . . . China Airlines!

Shortly after China Airlines joined Skyteam, I flew them in coach LAX to TPE. Before take-off, the purser came back to coach, thanked me (and only me) for flying, and asked me if I needed anything.

(No I did not say, "A seat in First Class") :)

Jimgotkp Oct 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Had a really good FA from SLC-ATL a few days ago. He personally thanked everyone and acknowledged their status. Should probably send in a compliment since he was top notch from take off to landing.